I realized something today

exquisite

well, at least i know im not alone...ironically, i was just thinking exactly the same thing today..as i was skipping my morning lecture..
i gotta ask, why do you think so?

Academic results are overrated. Or at least not as important as 'social intelligence'.
Or at least that has been my experience.

cosmosis

Academic or social ability is not nearly as important as other things like being open, sincere and caring.

Jennifer

Academic or social ability is not nearly as important as other things like being open, sincere and caring.

Yeah right, cause being caring open is gonna land you a job that pays six figures.

I'd much rather be around a caring person then one who can hold up a conversation for more then five minutes.

Yeah right, cause being caring open is gonna land you a job that pays six figures.

I'd much rather be around a caring person then one who can hold up a conversation for more then five minutes.

Hmm... it won't land a job that pays six figures. Though it may help. The task oriented leader who is also caring, open and sincere is a great rarity.

I think for that really great job, there's really a large combination of factors. But being caring and open and sincere is still extremely important. It's the key to forming genuine friendships with others. But I respect your opinion.

"Social skills" has to be one of the subject in school in primary school, but who the f*** will listen to me...

cosmosis

Hmm... it won't land a job that pays six figures. Though it may help. The task oriented leader who is also caring, open and sincere is a great rarity.

I think for that really great job, there's really a large combination of factors. But being caring and open and sincere is still extremely important. It's the key to forming genuine friendships with others. But I respect your opinion.

Well said. Count me out on that 6 figure job. It will get me whole lot of stuff I've never wanted nor needed. In my opinion, just one genuine friendship is worth far more than anything money can buy.

When I'm on my deathbed, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be thinking about what grades I got, or how much I made at my job...or even how good or bad I was at parties...I'm going to be appreciating my family and friends and the connections I made over the years with them.

Last edited: