I need some relationship(?) advice.

nosferatu

I feel stupid asking this, but what am I suppose to do/say/whatever after my crush says that she has a crush me? Twice she has told me this (first time was in August and the second time a few days ago) and I choked both times. We briefly talked about why we like each other and then the topic died. I've never asked a girl out, so I'm pretty oblivious about these things.

She is someone I met online, btw. We've never met in person, so I guess the obvious thing to do is talk about meeting up or something? Maybe talk more (we have known each other for almost 2 years) before asking her this? Maybe I'm missing a few steps? Maybe I need to ask her other stuff? What kind of stuff do people in this situation talk about?

I really like her as a friend and I don't want to mess up our friendship by coming on too strong.

I don't know what to do \-_-/. Any advice, please?

Last edited:

nosferatu

The problem is that I don't know if she wants to meet and I'm scared sightless about asking her. Saying that we have a crush on each other is as far as we've gone with this.

Is there a subtle way I can bring up the topic?

ImNotMyIllness

Personally, relationships that remain internet based are not worth continuing long term... especially, if you have feelings for her. You're just wasting your time.

My advice. Bring it up as a statement. i.e "You know, we would have a great time together doing ______________(insert common interest)". "I just had the best steak in the world. The Restaurant is called ___________ if you were down here, I would take you-It's amazing"....etc.

Go for it. Good Luck

If she had the courage to tell you that she has a crush on you (lucky duck), then I think she's probably waiting for you to ask her out anyway. You never know until you try....

nosferatu

So by asking if she wants to meet up I'll be asking her out? Sorry, I'm just not good at this.

God, I'm hopeless...

She's suppose to call tomorrow, so maybe I'll try to say something.

Last edited:

nosferatu

We talked for 3 1/2 hours and I couldn't bring myself to say it. I think the chance presented itself, but it didn't feel right saying it. Don't know why. Maybe I'm over thinking this.

kdsjvnksjdvncskdn

Last edited:

Aron

We talked for 3 1/2 hours and I couldn't bring myself to say it. I think the chance presented itself, but it didn't feel right saying it. Don't know why. Maybe I'm over thinking this.

kdsjvnksjdvncskdn

I know how you feel. Or at least I think I know. There are times, when I only notice that there was a chance to say something when the chance had already passed. Or like you said, it doesn't feel right to say something. Maybe because I'm not used to saying those things, perhaps have never said them before, especially when it involves a woman. It's almost as if it's unnatural to me.

Flanscho

Regarding getting to know people online:

reading profiles -> exchanging messages -> exchanging mails -> text chatting -> voice chatting / phoning -> meeting

nosferatu

Don't think anyone's going to care, but I finally brewed up enough courage and asked if she wants to meet. I couldn't tell her over the phone so I sent her an email.

I haven't got an answer yet (I sent her the email a few minutes ago), but I feel soo relieved. If she doesn't want to meet up, then I could at least move on without any regrets of not trying.

ImNotMyIllness

Don't think anyone's going to care, but I finally brewed up enough courage and asked if she wants to meet. I couldn't tell her over the phone so I sent her an email.

I haven't got an answer yet (I sent her the email a few minutes ago), but I feel soo relieved. If she doesn't want to meet up, then I could at least move on without any regrets of not trying.

I remember your thread! Alright, good job man!! :applause: