I need help an especially from ppl who *dont* understand...

I don't understand where you're coming from. It takes ALOT to make me vomit, perhaps that's why. I've never vomited in public, have you? Has it happened often? Do you have a weak stomach? Perhaps I should have read about your condition before responding. I don't think every illness leads to vomiting so perhaps it's ok to be around the guy that was ill, depending on what he had. I will head to Wikipedia now and see what it's like to be like you. First time I've heard of this. I only vomit when I eat something bad, or drink too much. I understand how it feels to live with a certain amount of pain, that nobody else can comprehend. I can relate on that level. Off to wiki now. I'm sure you'll get some great advice on this forum.

Odo

Banned
It's obviously a big deal to you but as you probably already know this isn't exactly a common phobia so people are probably going to have a hard time understanding it… if it was something more common like a fear of heights or claustrophobia or public speaking then it might be a different story, but with this it's going to be a lot harder to get people to realize that it bothers you a lot.

Whether or not you break up with him is up to you but I would definitely make sure that he understands your situation and you understand his situation before you do so… it could be that you're just hyper-sensitive to something that he doesn't even realize is bothering you.

neardeath

I stayed in a long relationship with someone who doesn't understand, and now that I am finally out of it, I wonder why I beat myself for so long. If something is really bothering you, your partner should at least make an effort to be sensitive to it, no matter what it is! Don't settle for less. There are good people out there!

When I was pregnant, I would ride the bus to work, and get off and puke all over the crowded sidewalk downtown. Awful! It would splatter on people's shoes! No one ever stopped to ask if I was okay, even though I was pregnant as a house! It was very stressful and I was only glad I could somehow wait until I was off that bus!

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
He may not understand the severity of the phobia, everyone has fears and things that make them uncomfortable, he may not realize this is something that is a real issue for you and not some fun cute little "Eeek I'm afraid of spiders" phobia. I think to someone who can't relate, it would seem a bit odd, so maybe describing specifically how you feel and what the anxiety feels like would help. I would hope as your boyfriend he would want to try to comfort you in times of illness and not make you anxious, but if what you really want is him to get as far away as possible when you feel like vomiting, tell him that, and explain in great detail why to get your point across.

By the way you talk about this guy in your post, it sounds like not caring about you is a problem in general, and maybe you should address that problem with him, and tell him you don't feel like he's paying attention to your feelings and being considerate of them. Maybe he doesn't realize how he's making you feel. It's definitely not ok for him to make you feel that way.