i need advice please

ShyLamb888

i am extremely shy on cam and mic especially with guys when get on cam with my guy friends i hide my face alot and i blush:blushing: and i laugh alot on mic how can more relaxed and less shy on cam and mic with my guy friends:question::idontknow:

First of all, I assume you're a girl? I suppose you just need to relax. Considering you are on cam with friends and not randomers! Guys like girls who laugh a lot anyway. :)

ShyLamb888

yeah i am a girl but still even if they friends i am still very guy shy so how to relax?? major? any ideas?

Last edited:

Flanscho

Depends. When I was in my early 20s, I was the same. But then it vanished by itself, as I overpowered my SA in general.

ShyLamb888

whats SA ? an mine wont vanish for some reason. i been shy since a child and i am 24 years old now and still extremely shy

You just need a idgaf attitude to things! I used to be shy and insecure, but if you adopt a idgaf attitude to things, then it should help, although different things work for different people I guess. Do you have skype

jaim38

I'm also really shy on webcam because I think I look 10X uglier on webcam. It's like my webcam accentuates features that I'd prefer to keep in cammouflaged. I think the way to overcome this is to practice. In fact I had a webcam project last week and I told myself, "I want to do my best no matter how ugly I look because it's for my grade." Do you have phone fear? I used to have really bad phone fear and I realize that to overcome videochat fear, I must overcome (or at least reduce) phone fear first. Try this, and then do videochatting.

ShyLamb888

yes i have skype at major and at jaim i am shy on mic yes and on phone too with friends and guy friends but not phone shy with family at all i just cant overcome i want less my shy tho on mic and cam and phone what did you do to less webcam and mic phone shy or are still having issues btw jaim r u a girl ?

DeadmanWalking

Well, you're not shy when it comes to your family most likely because you've been around them your entire life. Whereas, with your (guy) friends, they've only been around you for so long. As Jaim said, it's all about exposure. If you keep exposing yourself to it (as in, videochatting, phonecalls, and being on mic), then you'll get used to it and your shyness will go away.

It may help to take one thing on one at a time though. Like focus on videochatting, then focus on making phone calls, then voice chatting. Pick your order and go about it. Splitting your attention up may make it take longer or stop you from accomplishing it at all, depending on your multitasking skills.

jaim38

yes i have skype at major and at jaim i am shy on mic yes and on phone too with friends and guy friends but not phone shy with family at all i just cant overcome i want less my shy tho on mic and cam and phone what did you do to less webcam and mic phone shy or are still having issues btw jaim r u a girl ?

Yes I'm female. My volunteering requires me to speak to people on the phone, so through practice, I was able to reduce my phone fear. I still have issues with webcam though, because of the eye contact and nonverbal body language thing. It doesn't help that I don't smile a lot either. Also with phone chat, I can read off a script and not worry I might miss something, but with videochat, it's pretty much impromptu. I would look awkward if I read off a script on webcam - people can tell. But I still believe practice is the way to go. After all, I've gotten better at phone speaking and not so look-conscious on webcam.