I may not ever get a job

anomicdeer

I really hate myself.

I finally got a job after 3 years I graduated and I quit to move in with someone across the state. I couldn't transfer to another place either so I quit instead hoping that I'll get a job easily since I had one before.

Well now it's almost 3 years later and I can't get one. I was part of a cash assistance program and recently got a work assignment through a job service but that ended after the 3rd week.

I don't want to go back to the lab to keep my assistance. I know I will just get laughed at and get looked at as lazy and whatever relates to inferior. The supervisor there wasn't even there longer than I've been there so I know if I come back, she will just feel bad and I would hate going in their seeing them every day. Plus all we do is sit at a computer doing nothing.

Well, now I am pretty much a loser. I can't get a job. I don't have money to go to college. I don't get calls for interviews. My experience isn't good enough. No one wants to hire a black person anyways. I'm done, unless I was in an area with mostly blacks. Then they would probably hire me :/

neardeath

Maybe a new area is a good idea? Forgive yourself and make a new start? They say geographical cures don't work, but sometimes they sure help!

ImNotMyIllness

Loser? Says who? I use to think the same way about myself. Being a loser is a state of mind. As long as you're trying, you're not a loser.

.....as far as the black thing....There are plenty of black people being hired---keep trying. Being bitter, will only make things worse. Hang in there!

laure15

I am also concerned about my employability because I'm a minority. I worry whether my English is good enough and if I'll be able to fit in with the locals at the workplace. But I see many immigrants getting jobs, even high paid ones, and some of them speak broken English so that gives me some hope.