I just confessed on Facebook!

Hmm congratz, I have gotten to the point where I don't care if someone knows, I haven't said it on facebook though, but almost all my teachers, many of my friends, and others know.

:) Once again, I love how you write.

I do feel as though I am on continuous repeat, SO much of my time has been wasted. So many wasted opportunities have gone by. Letting people know is not by any means my last stop, I want to beat this eventually, or at least, learn to live with it better. At the moment, I can barely leave my house, I am miserable only when I know I am going to have to see other people or leave the safety of my home. I know this isn't something that can go on forever, and I am slowly working up the courage to see a therapist. I do try to stay positive. Thank you :).

A favor to ask: When the courage is there and you do see this therapist, let me/us know if it is worth the effort. I have read many have, not recalling if anyone said it was. I have pondered trying. AvPD with family trait of stubborness equals one hard trip to silence.

Lost Girl

Oh wow thanks guys for all the lovely comments! I wasn't expecting that, thank you all :).

I've gotten just a few responses to it so far, all positive, and a couple of people have shared their own experiences with me. I'm not really expecting or even wanting responses from many people to it, but there are a couple that I would like to see it - my half sisters that I haven't seen in over 3 years, and my other half sister who lives overseas who is the salt of the Earth and is constantly asking for my phone number! And a couple of old friends that I've turned down lately when asked to meet up... I'm trying not to dwell on it, though. It's out, now business as usual really :).

Oh and Mr. Isolated who advised to be cautious of employers etc seeing that on my profile, you make a good point, and I do already have it set so that only friends can see my page. I wouldn't mind if potential employers did see it though, honestly. At least then it's out in the open.

Sial Axetder, I will let you know how I go when I do get round to going to therapy. I think what may help one may not help another, though, as well as the opposite. I think it very much depends on if you have a good therapist or not as well. I'm very nervous about the whole thing.

Last edited:
I don't think I could tell family that. They already know I'm a recluse in my own home, and through others and rumor have found out the doctor diagnosed me with Agoraphobia and APD. They just think I'm lazy and don't have a job. That's all they see. Telling them what they already know won't change anything. And the doctor I'm seeing (or doctors) haven't helped yet. I've been twice, 2 different doctors, and both just asked me what medication I wanted. Meds aren't doing anything for me. When I go back for my third appointment in August I'm going to ask if I can see a therapist. It's hard though because it's hard to speak. When I talk all I hear are the words coming out of my mouth and I can't focus on what I'm saying.
Anyway, glad you're getting positive comments.
The way I see it though, if you care enough about me to care, I'll tell you what's going on. If you don't care then **** you.

I don't think I could tell family that. They already know I'm a recluse in my own home, and through others and rumor have found out the doctor diagnosed me with Agoraphobia and APD. They just think I'm lazy and don't have a job. That's all they see. Telling them what they already know won't change anything. And the doctor I'm seeing (or doctors) haven't helped yet. I've been twice, 2 different doctors, and both just asked me what medication I wanted. Meds aren't doing anything for me. When I go back for my third appointment in August I'm going to ask if I can see a therapist. It's hard though because it's hard to speak. When I talk all I hear are the words coming out of my mouth and I can't focus on what I'm saying.
Anyway, glad you're getting positive comments.
The way I see it though, if you care enough about me to care, I'll tell you what's going on. If you don't care then **** you.

Not sure how doctors work at your location. Here, north, southern Ontario if your questions are not to point, short they do not help. Not saying yours were not.

It would be nice to focus on what is being said. Maybe 43 wouldn't come out 34. Speach would be slower, well thought out. Quite possibly could enjoy a conversation. Until that happens, here is fine.

Your last statement: Correct, agreed.

Yeah, it's sad, but my fantasies are ones that almost everyone does every single day. Just to be able to talk and have a meaningful conversation, being able to concentrate on the moment in time and not what everyone thinks about me.
I have normal fantasies too though. I wish I lived on another planet and could explore the universe! Beautiful vistas galore.
But my ultimate fantasy is really just to be loved.

I did the same thing on myspace but in my blogs, I put info about S.A. and AvPD. I didnt get any responses about it. I know people have read my blog because it tells you the amount of people that have seen it, but nobody has said anything. Not sure if its a good thing or bad thing.
Kudos to you for being so open, its a big step and it can make you feel exposed or vulnerable for a while.
Im glad you got some positive feedback :)

DekKO

That's really good to confess that you have the problem rather than keeping it a secret. I wish I could be as brave as you. You confessed on Facebook to everyone, i'm scared to even tell my mom even though it is fairly obvious that I have it. Congrats to you!

mrb

it aint weak its strong of you to show your real feelings , i admire you for that , lets be honest a lot of people on face book just post crap about how great there lives are, when really there not great , its all false mostly .... as i said i admire you for that girl ..... if anyone on facebook with half a brain reads that statement of yours , they will admire you for it as well ;)