I have never gone abroad,,

jonas89

Okay so I don't know how many times that I have been invited to go for free abroad in my early years and the reason for that is probably is that I have been so young then and I felt uncomfortable being with my peers ( going a trip with school or work ) but not someone that I know very well..
And when friends are going they never consider to invite me to go with them for a trip.

Now that I work at a International airport and I have been given a few tickets to 20 different destinations, but here is the catch, those tickets are only for me and my spouse and children,, aaannnd I dont have a child nor a spouse,,
So for a person like me that have never gone outside the box, looks like a big deal to go somewhere for the first time alone to somewhere new even tho its just over a weekend :p hehe

so I really want to go outside and do something because all I have been doing this summer is work and nothing else, but my anxiety or more that scary feeling of doing so is kinda in my way :p

Section_31

Jonas, your not alone here!

Im absolutely terrified to set foot outside of canada. Ive always had this irrational, panicky fear when i think of doing so. I feel like a horse in a lightning storm. The si,lly thing is i live less than 3 hours from the US border and its no big deal at all for alot of ppl i know to just drive down for the day and come back again. But my fear is for some reason if i go i wont come back again, that ill never see home again.

Like i said, totallly irrational!!

Reaching-Zen

Accept that golden ticket and go for it. Try to now dwell on it, but think of adventure. Good luck. :D

Think of Charlie winning that golden ticket in the wonka bar. Thats you today. ;)

Btw what job do you have at an airport?

divethruhaze

Use that opportunity, some people don't have that chance.
Research the place you want to go to. Choose and book some hotel online, pick a few interesting places in that location to visit, pack up, go, take pictures of the scenery for yourself, relax in your hotel and that's it. Or maybe try to find some tour group.

jonas89

Jonas, your not alone here!

Im absolutely terrified to set foot outside of canada. Ive always had this irrational, panicky fear when i think of doing so. I feel like a horse in a lightning storm. The si,lly thing is i live less than 3 hours from the US border and its no big deal at all for alot of ppl i know to just drive down for the day and come back again. But my fear is for some reason if i go i wont come back again, that ill never see home again.

Like i said, totallly irrational!!
I totally understand what you mean, it's the same or it's more like I will get lost and miss my flight home or screw up booking for hotels haha yes it's really irrational, but it's new for me and I have never been anywhere and doing it alone is a big challenge.
Accept that golden ticket and go for it. Try to now dwell on it, but think of adventure. Good luck. :D

Think of Charlie winning that golden ticket in the wonka bar. Thats you today. ;)

Btw what job do you have at an airport?
Im a ramp agent and a mechanic there, yeah Im going to use them when I find the courage to use them haha :D
Use that opportunity, some people don't have that chance.
Research the place you want to go to. Choose and book some hotel online, pick a few interesting places in that location to visit, pack up, go, take pictures of the scenery for yourself, relax in your hotel and that's it. Or maybe try to find some tour group.
Im trying to figure things out about that.

thanks for the replies : )