I Have A Coworker Bully

MollyBeGood

That is no fun.

I have been in similar situations, it's always a female...always in a pizza place- I am sooo glad don't work at those awful places anymore!!

I rarely confront people ever. It is so against my nature, and I would screw it up and feel worse so I either have just learned to deal with it or more often I just quit. I feel like I give off a vibe of misery when I am in jobs that don't suit me and it becomes hard for me not to show it. Then I become a target for the other employees who are bullies, who it is strange, have been female. Guys are always usually cool to me.

She is older than you and sees you as a threat somehow. People are weak and sad that are that way. I look back and just feel pity for them.

Phoenixx

I rarely confront people ever. It is so against my nature, and I would screw it up and feel worse so I either have just learned to deal with it or more often I just quit.
^ Confrontation is against my nature too. Or it usually is. It takes a lot to get me so angry I'm at my breaking point where I would confront you. But even then, like you said, I'm also afraid I'd screw it up somehow.

She is older than you and sees you as a threat somehow. People are weak and sad that are that way. I look back and just feel pity for them.
^ I do feel sorry she's such a miserable person. Believe it or not, this woman is as old as my mother, treating me this way. It's sad and disgusting.

Thanks henny and Molly. I was talking to a couple coworkers about her today -- not talking crap about her, just mentioned what she did yesterday. Apparently she's so dictative, she's kicked others to the back of the kitchen before too just so she could work by herself up front. They told me they usually just go with it because they can't stand her otherwise. But I don't play that game. Which is why she's so rude towards me. Because I don't listen to her. I'm here to do my job, not be pushed around.

I did talk to my manager again today over what happened yesterday. She just shook her head, because it's ridiculous how that person acts. She apologized to me that I had to deal with that, but the best I can do is ignore her and avoid her. She's in no position to fire her (if she was, she'd be gone for sure), and even if I brought it up to the owners of the store, they "put up with a lot of crap." She mentioned that there are "quite a few people" who are working and have worked there before that "should be fired because of the way they act and treat other people" and "it's not fair." So yeah, I guess I can't do anything except continue to avoid. Wish I could do more, but I guess not. :idontknow: