I get really jealous at the girls that I liked

klytus

Scholarships, awards, won competitions are usually meaningless - having them doesn't imply any intelligence, skills or a happy life. Not even an academic degree does. In a "me, me, me" society like ours, where almost everything is sugarcoated with feel-good psychology, the actual value of such 'achievements' is most questionable.

Heh, and boyfriends - or romantic partners in general. You have no insight whatsoever into the girls' lives. They may be outwardly happy, but being in a relationship usually means having trouble and making compromises on a daily basis. Life definitely doesn't become more enjoyable once you have a partner - unless you are lucky, but that's seldom the case. This is especially true for girls. A bad boyfriend can devastate a girl's life more than social phobia ever could.

Good certificates are useful, yes, scholarships can ease one's entry into the academic world, but they aren't essential. Study hard, build up real skills, real knowledge, and a realistic view of life and people.

The only reason why they may perform better than you in the real world is that they most likely network a lot.

PennyLane

I hate to admit it but im like this....my ex is really outgoing, really popular, super sporty, funny and has a new girlfriend.

He is totally at ease, completely confident and can talk to everyone. Girls have always loved him. This drives me insane! Im so jealous that he is able to just get on with things, find someone new and have loads of friends. It makes me think he was right to break up with me and that he can do so much better!

Even though we were together for over a year and he lives next door we no longer even acknowledge each others existence when we see each other. I just dont think I could.