I get angry when people talk to me...

Quietguy11

This may sound stupid to some of you, but my anxieties and temper can be set off just by someone talking to me. The aftermath of Interactions with people leave me feeling like shit, anxious, and irritable. I avoid social interactions like the plague because of the anxiety that comes after exchanging just a few words with someone.I had to take an Ativan tonight just because my sister knocked on my door and asked me if I wanted to watch a movie with her. I am calm now, but only because of the Ativan. How am I suppose to develop relationships in this world if I bet anxious and angry just by talking to people? -_-

Quietguy11

Your sister makes you anxious when she talks to you?

Yes, I feel anxiety every time someone talks to me. It doesn't have to be my sister. Sometimes I will have the occasional good interaction with somebody. But lately the aftermath of virtually everything that is said to me causes me to feel unwanted emotions. I can't put it into words exactly, nor do I know the reason. All I know is that it's driving me insane.

I'm the same way with my sibling, it's rather unfortunate.

Yes, I feel anxiety every time someone talks to me. It doesn't have to be my sister. Sometimes I will have the occasional good interaction with somebody. But lately the aftermath of virtually everything that is said to me causes me to feel unwanted emotions. I can't put it into words exactly, nor do I know the reason. All I know is that it's driving me insane.

Oh, hmm. I never knew this issue existed. That's got to be difficult.

Richey

Depends on the personality..

For instance, show offs, loud mouths, sarcastic sorts of people irritate me like nobody else. Aka, people who talk to impress someone else in the room even though they are interacting with me, it is as if they talk simply to show off or to upstage others. Intimidating chatty types make me feel slightly angry and i turn passive around those types. Because they are a danger socially.

A person who always has to show off or feels the need to have a joke or just to impress, doesn't feel real to me and i tend to get tired of it after a certain time.

For instance, you can be a loud mouth and not be a show off, you can be funny without trying to constantly outwit someone....there are nice chatty people who are not intimidating.

Last edited: