I freaked myself out that there was someone else in my flat so I grabbed my teddy

Im 21 I am living in a flat with 1 flatmate she was out and it was midnight my boyfriend wasnt answering his phone so I climbed into bed I turned on a light and felt really nervous my heart was racing and so what I did next I couldn't believe I grabbed my teddy bear who is bout 18 years old but ive not touched him since I was a little girl..he just sits on my worksurface and I dont pay much attention to him...I squeezed my teddy bear like I did when I was younger and I felt safer...now im still holding onto my teddy cause I keep hearing noises but I think thats my anxiety...am I being a weirdo

Lou-s-Darkness

Aw that's so cute...and no you're not a weirdo. I hope no one was breaking in though, are you alright? :O

I think it's alright to hold your teddy bear...I remember doing that a few years ago when I felt really really depressed. I felt so lonely and when I held onto my plush for dear life I felt like it understood me. I imagined it had feelings and acted like a person (not that I actually believed it, but it helped at the time). Pretending it was real helped me ease my pain temporarily. Don't be ashamed, it's perfectly fine. I'm sure plenty of people do it...

laure15

No you're not a weirdo. Sometimes when I sleep and feel a bit scared I hold on tight to my pillow. I know there's this unspoken rule from society which dictates that once children become adults they must give up their teddy bears and cartoons. But I think this rule is ridiculous. There are grown people who still watch cartoons and act very playful, and there's nothing wrong with that. You should do what feels right to you.

this_portrait

You needed the immediate comfort. I probably would've done the same thing with these stuffed cats I have in my closet, if I didn't have my real cat here.

Nobody was in my flat I survived had a rubbish night sleep..but least managed to get few hours I hate when I freak myself out