I flunked my drivers license test

Kathryn

I was very anxious and it made me feel very bad...I nearly got the lady in a car accident....has anyone had a similar experience?

Quiet Angel

Aww. I'm real sorry that has happened. The woman probably experienced plenty of driving mishaps from new & young drivers so perhaps it wasn't an entirely shocking experience. But I suppose it depends on the near-accident itself, huh? Everyone makes mistakes in life, just give yourself forgiveness, and perhaps feel fortunate that it wasn't as intense as it could be? I've flunked my driver's test the first time I took it because I knocked over the cones/flags. The driving instructor was rather crabby that day & when I misunderstood him & turned left instead of right, he was mad. I felt awful that day after he said, "You didn't do very well." because I failed & felt emotionally drained. I was experiencing anxiety too, and drinking coffee didn't necessarily keep my stamina up either, infact, it made my fear increase. When I passed it the 2nd time, I felt very accomplished. You'll get there too.

Last edited:

NothingElseMatters

kathryn these things just happen and believe me you are not the only one.I almost crushed too when i was learning to drive with my teacher.She panicked lol.But that's her job so who cares.
Go for it again:)

The driving instructor was rather crabby that day & when I misunderstood him & turned left instead of right, he was mad. there too.

i made 2 mistakes at my test.But i blamed the one on him for not giving me clear instructions.they look vulnerable and week when you blame them:D

worrywort

hey Kathryn, yea I failed my second driving test the other day and I found it so demoralising. I'm having real problems with driving at the moment. I've been driving for about a year now, and it took me a LONG time to get to a reasonably comfortable stage. I'm a really nervous driver. But I'm pretty good at driving now I think, but the tests, I just can't seem to get through a test. I just find them so difficult. Mainly when they take you into really busy areas and there's lots of quick thinking involved. When the pressures on I just keep making little mistakes and end up failing. I've stalled on two roundabouts, both tests. ::(:

But I think all you can do is take a deep breath, and concentrate as best you can, and that's all. Just try again. Best of luck with your next test! :)

AlleyCat

Hey Kathryn, don't worry about it, just get right back on the horse and keep trying! You will pass! :)

The first time I took my driving test, I failed. I was so nervous I ran through I stop sign. It's not a big deal. Lots of people fail the first time. Just try again. You can do it!

Felgen

I also failed my first attempt at the driver's licence, but four weeks later I managed to flawlessly complete it. Keep trying -- there are many people in the same situation! :)

A

anxioustesttaker

Hey, i just wanted to let you know that i am 23 and i basically grew up taking care of myself, and i didn't learn to drive until last year, when i was 22 when i lived with my sister and she could teach me. i have horrible test anxiety and i am a good driver, but i already feel stupid being 23, and the first time the man yelled at me for shaking and i failed. i tried a second time, cried, and failed. i tried a third time (which is all you can do in a year in AZ) and failed again, even after practicing the 3 point turn and doing it perfectly 3 times, as soon as the guy started the test, i failed. i can't even think about it now without getting anxious. i just want to say you're not alone, and possibly someone out there has even worse anxieties about it.

i wish i had advice, but i still haven't gotten over it. everyone tells me to just breathe and concentrate, and it doesnt help. neither does hearing that i'm stupid and to get over it (in fact i think it that makes it so much worse). but i really hope you do better than i, and hopefully we can both overcome this!