I feel sick to my stomach

SweetCupcake

So I was looking for something in a box upstairs and came across a silver notebook... It was my mum's diary from 8 yrs ago. I was curious so I read it... only to learn that her boyfriend whom she is still with, punched her in the mouth and iin her words " raining blows at my head and arms". I cant believe it. I remember the cut on her lip, it was awful, I remember asking her what happened (I was about 10) and she said she fell down the steps outside. She seemed quite upset about it too, but obviously being a kid i believe her.
I just confronted her about it, and she told me " yeah but that was a very long time ago and I punched him first".:confused:

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
**** like that happens. It is always disturbing to discover when you had no clue it was happening. Maybe it just happened once, too. Is your mother happier now, and is her boyfriend nicer to her? Did you ask her? My father used to be a pretty aweful individual but he worked a lot on himself since then and became wiser. Forgiveness is always a good thing.

DespairSoul

Hello,

DO you know that private stuff shouldnt be readed of second person if isnt diary your property?! Just kidding i will do it propably the same from curiosity if i dont find something about some importand stuff wich can touch me also. Yeah is very bad if couples punch each other i know my mom get to of my father but i wasnt seeing i was to much small. And she still with him if i understand that good yes?Just like my mom, they just cant help it and they stay with those husbands what punch them. She is grow up and she must know what to do. I know is hurting u with who your mom live and that he hurt her. Dont let grow up in your heart hate coz of this to her husband. U dont know how that situation exactly was between them but this dont apologize those sinn. Be strong and dont think about it. Maybe was once and no more of this violence between them. But is said if he done once he will do again-but your mom is anyway still with him. Here isnt escape if she anyway loves him.

UnOccupied

I just heard a scary statistic that women with SA are much more likely to be involved in an abusive relationship than any other women. Does that sound logical to anyone?

Klaus

I just heard a scary statistic that women with SA are much more likely to be involved in an abusive relationship than any other women. Does that sound logical to anyone?

Yeah, pretty much. If a man with SA is generally bad treated or disrespected because he is always awkward, imagine a woman or a young girl...

Yeah, pretty much. If a man with SA is generally bad treated or disrespected because he is always awkward, imagine a woman or a young girl...

It's very bad either way for both genders to have a lot of anxiety. I think the men in particular will be even more afraid to speak up for fear of being ridiculed... society's image of the man as tough and so on... Women will have it very bad too. I remember this nice young lady (distant neighbor) who was beaten by her husband but refused to seek police protection or divorce because she said she loves her husband... It's sad that these things happen.