I feel guilty...

I feel really guilty about having depression because I don't even really have that much of a reason to be depressed. I have an extremely loving family, I have a few friends (not GREAT friends but still friends) and I had a great childhood.

So why am I so depressed??? It's only because of SA really but in perspective my life could be a million times worse!

Anybody else depressed for like the tiniest reason???

Teapot

Awwh don't feel guilty. It's not your fault! Atleast you're acknowledging that it could be a million times worse. That takes something, and it means that you're not just giving up, and saying that you're in the worst situation ever. Just because it can be worse doesn't mean that it can't get better. You have your right to your feelings and your problems no matter what the situation you are in. Hopefully it's just a phase that will pass. Anyways good luck and hope you feel better :).

Lea

Banned
I should be grateful I have both legs, arms etc., am relatively healthy, have still things to eat... And in reality I am grateful. You realize that esp. in times like recently I was attacked and nearly suffocated by someone, I didn´t know what was going to happen next, am I going to die? All you want is to breathe at the moment... In a moment like this you would trade anything just to get out of it.

StonedBob

You shouldn't feel guilty for beeing depressed... Yes life could be worse, but that doesn't mean we don't have the right to be guilty. I don't know your life, but I guess you have good reasons for feeling like this, SA is something that prevent us from doing all what we want...

Anybody else depressed for like the tiniest reason???
SA isn't in my opinion a tiny reason to be depressed.
Are you seeing a psychologist or a psychiatrist?

StonedBob

Yeah, our life could be worse, but that doesn't mean our life is easy, and that we don't have the right to feel guilty. SA is not a tiny reason of feeling depressed.
As long as you're trying to fight your depression, your SA, as long you are seeking for help, etc..., you have no reason to feel guilty.

recluse

When i am in a depressed mood i feel that i am the only depressed person on the planet...I become sellfish....I care about no one else...I feel like the worst person on the planet...I feel ugly and so on. Then when i have recovered from my depressed mood i feel bad at how sellfish i was for self pitying, almost to the point of disgust. I have a roof over my head, a job, two cars, loving parents yet i still get depressed because although i have these things i still am lonely at the end of the day.