I don't know what to do with myself!

rosebud

I want to kill myself!

Hi I'm 17 years old and I'm a good for nothing, useless wimp who doesn't know who she is. So why should I have a reason to live? I don't want to live like this anymore! I'm thinking of committing suicide, but I'm too scared.::(:

If I be on medication or therapy, is it going to do any good? Will I be happy with myself? No. So I'm thinking that suicide will be a solution, and I don't have to cause my family anymore stress. I don't know what to do with myself anymore, I need help!

Last edited:

sabbath9

Banned
Have you tried Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)? It helps a lot, it might not make you happy with yourself, but you will be able to live a full life.

desoconnor

Committing suicide would cause your family more stress than you alive ever could...

Please keep fighting, and stay alive and eventually you may find something which you are good at or which you enjoy.

mikestar

Banned
your only young, same with me im all mixed up with my life dont know if im coming or going. I thought that a few times as well about commiting suicide but I would never have the balls to do it, I just have very bad days and very bad thoughts.

anxiety is hard to overcome, you can try meds if u want, what makes me feel better is knowing that If I get too bad meds are always there...only short term tho not long term with drugs.

Do you go college and study, do you work, do you have any weird/wonderfull dreams ?
My main one is to overcome anxiety and feel good about SOMETHING,whatever it is.

meantime keep posting and get it off your chest.more things you discuss on here and get advice/help,clearer your head becomes

good luck

Nicholas

Re: I want to kill myself!

Hi I'm 17 years old and I'm a good for nothing, useless wimp who doesn't know who she is. So why should I have a reason to live? I don't want to live like this anymore! I'm thinking of committing suicide, but I'm too scared.::(:

You are way too young! Wait at least until you are 30 to be depressed! You have all the time to find a reason to live! You might even become the happiest person on earth very soon. You are better than me... I am almost 25 and I am useless for real ::p: But I still want to be positive, because it's the only way to go. The ONLY one.
Don't take meds. Just try some therapy, but I think it all basically boils down to trying to be optimistic and taking action. Doing nothing won't help anyone. Doing something to try to change the things you don't like in your life will help a lot. :)

Noca

Banned
Re: I want to kill myself!

If I be on medication or therapy, is it going to do any good? Will I be happy with myself? No. So I'm thinking that suicide will be a solution, and I don't have to cause my family anymore stress. I don't know what to do with myself anymore, I need help!

Try some medication such as 20mgs of Prozac and 1mg of Clonazepam to start with :)

danstelter

Well, first of all, well done on admitting your struggles and desire to commit suicide; that is a powerful step in the right direction! Your family, as hard as it may be to believe, does love you and would prefer that you stay alive rather than commit suicide! In this situation, I would recommend calling either a suicide hotline or a counseling service IMMEDIATELY. This is a crisis and needs to be addressed promptly. There are professionals out there who can help you (I sought counseling once and it helped A TON), and who can help you to become a happy and confident person who is useful to others. You are only 17 and you have so much time to live for...as others have noted, wait until you are 30-40 to get depressed. You change a lot between the ages of 17-22, so hang in there, but most importantly, seek help from other people who are able to help you! I cannot underscore how important this is!

Fighter86

I think what the others mentioned are right, therapy could help you, if anything, you at least have someone to talk to, and that accounts for something, to have someone to share your feelings with, be it good or bad. Also, your therapist can work with you to help you overcome your problems/worries step by step.

mmmm

Trust people who have been there: 17 SUCKS. I agree with everyone who says you should wait till you're 30 to be depressed.