I don't know what to do with my life

Meryemaa

I used to be very shy when I was younger and I am trying to overcome it little by little, so there are still some things that I can't do because of my shyness.
Now, I am studying, but still I don't know what I want to do with my life, I can't find that passion and I need someone to talk to.

Need your help

chibiXphantom

sometimes you just need to explore and try different things to figure out what it really is you want to do.

could also think of the classes you do well in, make a list things you enjoy (and things you really don't enjoy), values you have, job setting you'd want (office, workshop, studio, outdoors, school, etc...). but also make sure it would be something you would be okay with doing every day.

i made the mistake of pursing art as something i'd want to do as a career. i love art, but realized it wasnt something i wanted to be forced to do day after day. it was very draining for me as an art major, so i realized that it was better to keep that passion as just a hobby.

Prostitution did wonders for me- I still have half of my dignity and most of my teeth :thumbup:

lol On a serious note, I think people are afraid that if they choose something, they have to do it forever. That is not the case. It's been a long time since I have gone to school, so this might actually be a thing, but it would be cool if colleges would do a trial period for students so they can find out if they will like the class/field they are entering.
I agree with chibiXphantom- I think making a list of things you enjoy doing/make you happy is a good start :)

DepravedFurball

All the while I was growing up, I didn't have a single inkling as to what my ideal career would be.

Even though they'd always say to do something that you enjoyed, I'd look around at all the adults, and I'd feel confused as to why so many of them were working as drones in assembly lines or service positions... because, surely, they'd listen to their own advice, right?

Not so much.

Jobs and careers are simply a mix of what you can tolerate, what you can do decently, and what pays the bills. Only a few supremely lucky individuals will ever find employment in an industry that coincides with their passions.

The things that you enjoy doing? Keep them for the weekend. Otherwise, just find a nice, simple job, keep your head down, don't make too many waves, and prepare yourself for the next thirty-five years of mind-numbing samery.