I do stupid, ditzy things all the time

I'm naturally a little ditzy, I'll admit, but my anxiety, low self-esteem, and lack of consistent interaction with people out in the real world makes me do and say such stupid things. It's like I can't comprehend things because my brain is so filled with needless worry and it's always racing. Or I am so focused on maintaining my cool around people that I end up not even paying attention to what they're saying, and by the end of the conversation it's like, "Oh, ****, what did she just tell me?" I get SO flustered, especially in a job setting, that it's as if I am mentally retarded and can't comprehend simple instructions or do the simplest task. I get so nervous that I'm going to mess up and do something stupid, and this in turn makes me do just that. This really depresses me because I am intelligent, thoughtful, and graduated from college with honors, and yet my anxiety makes me seem like a dysfunctional nimrod who can't get a simple job.

Anyone else have this problem?

Oh, yes. Totally.

There are many people whom think I'm mentally challenged and/or autistic merely because of the things social phobia makes me say and do. Which is annoying, because I'm neither of those things. :/

Ignace

Yeah, happening here too. Do you guys sometimes have a feeling that you WILL screw up things, and there will be no end to it till the end of the day ? I guarantee you, when I get that feeling, I'm gonna screw things up. That's a fact, like looking into the future.

Richey

Oh, yes. Totally.

There are many people whom think I'm mentally challenged and/or autistic merely because of the things social phobia makes me say and do. Which is annoying, because I'm neither of those things. :/

yeh its really interesting because i feel uber nervous at work and i turn into a complete idiot at that point because of the pressure to be fast and its really intense so alot of the time rather then speak i just shut my mouth and get on with it and i'll try and let it all flow naturally if i can but usually i stay quiet ..