I do not have SA.

sensitive

Well...

We will think long before take any decision about you. We won't be unfair with you but we need to think about your position in the future.

j/k

Brad38

I used to think I didnt have it. I just thought I was less desireable. But by the time I reached my 30`s I realized I had it because I never had been out on a date in my entire life.I was just very shy around women and couldnt get the courage to ask her out.
In fact I didnt first date ever until two weeks ago. And Im 38.5 years old

sensitive said:
Well...

We will think long before take any decision about you. We won't be unfair with you but we need to think about your position in the future.

j/k

thank you for consideration. i'm very appreciative.
and as far as future positioning, i think i can be very helpful to this organization.

hah. i feel as if i've applied for a SA job interview.

Brad38 said:
I used to think I didnt have it. I just thought I was less desireable. But by the time I reached my 30`s I realized I had it because I never had been out on a date in my entire life.I was just very shy around women and couldnt get the courage to ask her out.
In fact I didnt first date ever until two weeks ago. And Im 38.5 years old

that's unforunate. however, i am extremely positive i don't have SA. i'm very extroverted and i can converse to just about anyone.
even you.

Erythrocyte

humble said:
I feel like a fool when extroverted people,without SA are here.
Me too... 8O what exactly are you going to do here? laugh at us who have "silly" problems that aren't YOUR problem? I don't mean to be rude, but what the **** do you get out of being here if you don't "share" the problem we are all having?? :oops::oops:

humble said:
you shouldn't in any way feel foolish. i'm observing the situations you are all posting about. not to mention, i like to help.

i'm in a psychology class, and we were given a list of recommended websites to overlook and this one was my first choice.

i refuse to antagonize any of you. it's inhuman.

Erythrocyte said:
humble said:
Me too... 8O what exactly are you going to do here? laugh at us who have "silly" problems that aren't YOUR problem? I don't mean to be rude, but what the **** do you get out of being here if you don't "share" the problem we are all having?? :oops::oops:

exactly what type of thrill would i get from making fun of you?
it's not like you could stand up to me, anyway. not to mention, it would be unethical.

i am simply here for study purposes. and as i said in the previous post, i enjoy helping people.

humble

So,I'm being used and the others too,for psychological experiments,while the only thing I want here is some damned support. Thanks,I'd no idea. I hate it when the site is used for such reasons and I don't need that kind of help. And personally,I think that it was a mistake to announce your purposes. If you're here for study purposes as you say,it would have been wiser if you kept silent about it. Now everyone will be annoyed with your future advice.

Erythrocyte

humble said:
So,I'm being used and the others too,for psychological experiments,while the only thing I want here is some damned support. Thanks,I'd no idea. I hate it when the site is used for such reasons and I don't need that kind of help. And personally,I think that it was a mistake to announce your purposes. If you're here for study purposes as you say,it would have been wiser if you kept silent about it. Now everyone will be annoyed with your future advice.
Amen

humble said:

if i know what i'm talking about, you shouldn't be annoyed. and furthermore, i have family members who suffer from SA, so i can relate.

no, you are not being "used". yes, i am paying attention to your stories and seeing how it relates to the material i am learning, but overall, i'm just trying to listen and hopefully help.
if you'd rather talk to fellow SA's about the same thing over and over again, and never really get over your disorder, then be my guest.

i watched my family progress with their SA and i was overjoyed when i was a part of their help.

take it as offensively as you wish. you all have your own inner-problems i'm sure i'll never understand. but i'm truely and honestly here to converse.

phoenix1

I'm beset with curiosity now and I will reserve my judgment for later -

How would you go about helping us? If you could say something to us to help us out, what would that be?

phoenix1 said:
I'm beset with curiosity now and I will reserve my judgment for later -

How would you go about helping us? If you could say something to us to help us out, what would that be?
you're getting me wrong - you're not test subjects - i don't want to just be here to give advice. i'd like to talk to you like the rest of you talk to each other. just because i don't have SA doesn't mean i can't relate.

humble

Ok,you're right,this is a public forum,it isn't forbidden and anyone can be here if they want. We can't be sure if anyone here has SA or not. But still I can't understand why should you put a thread about it as you did,announcing that you don't have SA and telling you're in a psychology class too and then offering your help. If you study psychology,couldn't you understand that this way you would cause only irritation and nothing else? And if you just like being here,why ask us?

paranoid_android

I guess that it is your (genre_andrea) behaviour that will answer to that question.
Well, I suppose genre_andrea was honest when she said she hasn't SA. So, she came clean. How sure are you that all the people here has real issues or doesn't have second intentions?!
I understand this place is a refugee but perhaps it could be interesting to have someone "mentally free", first, because she can help us to recognize some situations that we might distort due to our condition and second, to create some habituation to an "outside element"(this could sound not very nice in a different context).
I believe we should accept her as she is (within some restrictions) before any prejudgement. After all, isn't that what we stand up for?! A chance to be ourselves...

*Paranoid_android has spoken*

phoenix1

I’m sure your intentions are honest and you probably really don’t mean anything by it, but your tone comes across as a little condescending.

genre_andrea said:
if you'd rather talk to fellow SA's about the same thing over and over again, and never really get over your disorder, then be my guest

Do you think that because you are outgoing that makes you more qualified to help us? Please feel free to tell us what’s wrong with us and how we can become more like you.

You may see us as inferior or inflicted with some ‘disorder’ but the real difference for most of us is that we feel too much or we value others opinions too much.

The difference is that you can come onto a website without much thought and tell people that you don’t have what they have and talk down to us like we are messed up test subjects. What kind of reaction did you expect? Oh that’s right, you probably didn’t think about it. That’s WHY you can be so outgoing. You can converse with anyone at any time because you don’t fear the consequences.

You say can you relate? Do you have any idea what its like to constantly double and triple check everything we say or do all day long? To not get an ounce of sleep out of fear of the simplest social interaction? Do you have any idea what its like to want to roll up into the darkest corner and die simply because someone said something ever so slightly bad about you?

I’m sure none of this means much to you either on a deeper level. You can probably go away from this site thinking we are all messed people with a disorder and anything we say is because are we messed up. Without a second thought, a mere intellectual curiosity - and then go conversing to your friends about a 'funny' reaction you got online.

of_darkness

ok, its my turn ^^

look, why the hell are 'we' all behaving so agressively?! she's come here, seeking acceptance, aparently wanting to help...isn't help what we all came here for?

if you dont want to accept certain people's views, now coming from OUTSIDE what we think , thats fine. just ignore them. click the back button. this whole place is full of different opinions, some of which definately aren't geting us any closer to help anyway. Complaining wont get us anywhere. so whats the problem? she clearly isnt here to take the piss or mock us, (hopefully :? ),

just calm down...or go and find a useful thread and cure your SP somehow, good luck. I personally want all the help i can get, and i think its great that an outsider wants to hear our thoughts.......you're all over reacting

....sigh :x