I care so much that it hurts me....

dannyboy65

It seems everyone I have in my life I care for far to much. Even after they hurt me and left I still care. Like for instance today I saw my ex at school outside smoking a cigarette. I didn't confront her cause she is able to do what she wants it just hurt me knowing that I was the only thing making her not smoke and now she's back on it. What hurts more is I'm the only one that cares, yet I can't help her cause she won't take my help. I shouldn't even be caring for her if that's how she feels yet all I do is care to much.

Also lately one very close friend is dealing with severe depression and I'm breaking my back trying to show him that his life will get better. He calls me almost everyday and I spend the time to tell him everything is ok. He constantly has panic attacks and I'm always there to give him advice. I hate seeing him so hurt cause he's a great guy. I'm the only one he's ever opened up too and I love that I am that person. I just wish I could help him more then I am.

It's so hard living with all of these emotions I have for others. I care for myself with great deal it's just I can't have apathy. I could never not care, it doesn't matter who it is. I have people who bullied me and if something bad happened to them I'd still have a small concern without showing it. It just feels like a burden to care so much for everybody that enters my life.

nicole1

Maybe you should work with a psychologist to help your case... Sometimes telling a board full of strangers isn't enough.

Sacrament

You should care about yourself more than about anyone else. If you and your ex broke up, it's time to make peace with that. If she wants to smoke, it's on her. She was the one who wanted to break it off anyway. As for your friend, only give him what you know he would give you back if you needed it. Be there for the people who deserve your affection as much as you want, but dedicate only that exact amount of affection towards them, and leave the rest for yourself. Anything that's too much becomes dangerous, whether it be food, speeding, or love.