I can't get out of this life

luiface

I'll start out by saying I'm 14 and in 9th grade. I don't really tell people my interests but here goes; astronomy, music, politics, history, and thats it from the top of my head. I think my family knows me for not caring about things now, or atleast thats what it looks like. On Thanksgiving we went to my cousins house because he was moving away with his brother to San Francisco. Everyone was dressed nice and I was the only one who dressed casual, I have no nice clothes to wear anyway. I don't know where I'm going with this, I'm just always like in a cloud or something. I don't remember talking much when I was in elementary. While the others were playing soccer I would be sitting alone or something. I would miss the bus because I had no idea what I was doing, and my parents would tell me I'm very smart :confused:. My sister says I'm "lost" because I'm always in my own world, someone would be talking to me and they have to repeat it two or three times for me to understand. Someone says something to me and the first thing I say is "What?" even though I heard them. This could be why I never got into sports, or playing an instrument. I can say I want to play guitar, yet I can never find out where to start (just an example). Sorry I this was a little hard to read, I can't organize my thoughts right now. I was going to write more but I'm really tired.

Oton

You sound exactly like me when i was 14 (am 19 now) and i'm still the same that's because i never did anything to get rid of my SA. I only made it worse by staying inside days and days and only going outside at night to friends house to play games... which i already do at home so i also was getting depressed because i felt like i was wasting time and dissapointed my parents. But you are still pretty young there are lots of people here that can help you, not saying it's late for me but i have to get a job at this age coupled with school and other stuff... which makes it hard because i have SA.

Sorry for sounding negative or something but hope that people can help you out :) and remember you're not alone it's always ok to think you're not the only one with these problems.

neohorizon

So, you say you cant get out of the life you are living...
BUT WHAT ARE YOU doing to change the things? Clothes wont magically appear in your wardrobe, you must buy them, buy the ones you need and you want. Ask your mom or sister to help you buying, its very awkward and weird choosing clothes but you have to do it! A tip, dont rush, chose calm, you will dress it for much time, so chose well! It will be hard, but remember there is no growth without suffering! Running away from your fears and problems, dont make them disappear only delay them. You are in the comfort zone, we stay there, even if we are feeling bad... its seems better than take risks and face our fear, but it isnt! You know

You appear to be very flustered, like me ^^ Last week some friends asked me if i was in panic or something, cause i was walking fast and speaking nervous, i thought i was "normal", but the SA makes we act weird without we can notice or control. I'm trying to be more patient and calm now, with breathing exercises and meditation;

I'm getting better, i'm fighting! Last month i went to a nightclub for the first time (i'm 21), i'm going to a psychiatrist for 3 months now, i going to the church every week, i started getting excuses to go out and started jogging in the morning (when there is less people)... Sport is a great help, i'll start boxing in the future, dont know when... lol
If you can, open yourself with your parents, throw the **** on the fan! Tell what is disturbing you, tell can help A LOT! its not time to be ashamed, and they are your parents, they will support you.

Good luck to us, if you can, read this:
http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/how-to-cure-social-phobia-permanently-11658/
(it suggest you to buy things, its merchandising... but the tips are good)

Last edited:

jaim38

Sometimes my head's in a cloud too so when someone tells me something, I ask them to repeat. I have a tendency to daydream. But other times, I find it hard to understand people because of the way they speak, mostly their accents. I live in America where there's a "salad bowl" of different races and cultures. I can understand standard American English (what you hear on TV shows) without any problems, but if I'm listening to someone with a thick Southern accent, for example, I will have trouble understanding.