I AM a social pariah to mainstream society

no1

Banned
I am classed together with the criminals, the insane, the ill, the low lifes the bums. Even though I'm not like that but mainstream society thinks so.

Is anyone else suffering the same or SA for a different reason.

smff73

Ok, for what its worth here's my take on the situation.

Like you I suffer from SA, Low self-esteem, depression as a result of the former, am terrible in social situations, have little hope for the future, but I'm 35.

I'm not sure what you do to combat your problems, but wallowing in self pity will get you nowhere.

Have you ever heard of the saying the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?

Girls will not come to you.......ever, unless you are visibly wealthy or a celebrity, therefore you have to give yourself some worth.

One thing you can do, that costs nothing, will make you feel 100% better, and is a good first step on the road to recovery is exercise, trust me on this.

Start out gradually ( say 3 times a week ), and increase to 6 times a week, variety of exercises, eat well, and try and adopt the mantra "healthy mind in a healthy body". Hopefully this isn't too "jock" like. If you need an exercise plan, PM me. If you catch the exercise bug, it'll change your life.

However regardless, you must find something constructive to pass your time, give yourself goals, achieve things, just don't continue along the same path, you will not change, grow or get better if you do.

Oh come off it

Oh my god, that is hilarious. Not only do you have one shred of evidence to back up your claims, but that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my life, such nonsense. Please do me, or all of us a favor - If all you are going to say is this outrageous thoughtlessness, please just

Shut The Fuсk Up. ....No one wants to hear it anymore.

no1

Banned
Re: Oh come off it

Girls will not come to you.......ever, unless you are visibly wealthy or a celebrity, therefore you have to give yourself some worth.

ain't that the truth. and no, not just some worth. I have to give myself more worth than she can ever imagine, or see in anyone else.

do you know how ****ing hard that is to beat every other male she comes across in her entire lifetime?

Suzay

Only to those that do classify you like that, and those people are worthless and much weight shouldnt be put behind that. So I agree with JCS, and don't take it personal, when you feel attacked. Hard to do, I think we can all agree with that.

I think we make huge generalizations to rationalize our feelings, I do it too. But no1 my opinion, I don't think everyone or most people would classify you with the 'criminals, the insane, the ill, the low lifes the bums'. And if someone did, why would they do you think? and how so?

Last edited:

becc

Because obviously it limits you in what you can achieve.

Not really. Only if you let it. The purpose of having labels like Social Phobia, Agoraphobia etc is so that psychologists etc can more effectively determine what will help you, study what are effective treatments, and tailor theory to something you can relate with. And so that you can identify where you are going wrong with your thinking and say to yourself "Thats my SA talking". If you let the label become an EXCUSE for avoidance, then of course you will only live within its limits. Don't live down to a classification, SA is a treatable condition.

The belief that everybody thinks the worst of you can be symptomatic of your SA. THAT is your SA talking.