Hyperhidrosis Severity pics

I am trying to give people an idea of how I think the severity of Hyperhidrosis is a reason why it's so difficult to deal with and can limit people in everyday life, I will just be discussing axillary(underarm) Hyperhidrosis. I would also like it if people could share what their HH is most like in the pictures below.

I think I am in a position to do this as I have had underarm sweating from around age 14 and it started out mild, so whilst it was a daily struggle I did manage to hide it. Now it is very noticiable and don't think many would be able to be happy or accept it.
I would say mine is in line with picture 3, sometimes worse, sometimes not so but it is a constant daily thing for me.

Also just because one day it was hot and sweat marks were left on a shirt this cannot be compared to Primary Hyperhidrosis that will happen all day regardless of what ones doing.

I will put 3 pictures up showing different severity of (these will be taken from google images) pic 1 = mild pic 2 = medium pic 3 = severe

M-S-Re-Launches-Dri-Guard-the-Sweat-Resistant-Shirt-2.jpg

14749647-man-with-hyperhidrosis-sweating-very-badly-under-armpit.jpg

sweaty-armpits-265-325.jpg

So you can see from these examples why I think severity of HH does matter to how it can affect a persons life, but obviously all kinds of HH are troublesome. As mine has gotten worse and other areas are affected I'm not sure how I am suppose to cope with it? as I did previously, however then it was milder with less areas affected!

Last edited:

alejandragc

I use to sweat like the 3 picture, fortunately I cure my sweaty armpits with a product, but unfortunately that product did not work on my sweaty palms and feet.

I think that my armpits sometimes used to be even worst than the 3 picture. I am a girl and I always had to wear black shirts in order to hide those sweat marks.

jaim38

This is one of the reasons why I'm so afraid to go out during the summer without bringing a sweater with me (just in case to cover up) especially when the temperatures are in the 90s and 100s. People (especially girls) point me out for the sweat stains. I've been called gross, disgusting. My armpits sweat like pic #1 but I also have sweat stains in other places like my back and chest.

HHDisturbed

I know all HH sucks but...
I wished all I had was underarm, foot or hand sweating over having craniofacial (face neck and head) hyperhidrosis. There is little of nothing you can do to hide it and your face is what everyone focuses on. At least you can hide your hands and feet under the table.

There are times when my hair looks like I stepped out of the shower but in the middle of a restaurant while eating. How embarrassing it feels as I drip onto my plate! Then of course my shirt and collar get soaked. You are very limited on what you can do about your scalp sweating (unless you are bald).

Last edited:

Sprawling

I wished all I had was underarm, foot or hand sweating over having craniofacial (face neck and head) hyperhidrosis. There is little of nothing you can do to hide it and your face is what everyone focuses on. At least you can hide your hands and feet under the table.

There are times when my hair looks like I stepped out of the shower but in the middle of a restaurant while eating. How embarrassing it feels as I drip onto my plate! Then of course my shirt and collar get soaked. You are very limited on what you can do about your scalp sweating (unless you are bald).

I can't say I agree with you for wanting hands and feet sweating over cranial. It's all bad. We all are impacted one way or another. My hands sweating doesn't go away by hiding them anymore than you hiding your cranial sweating by walking around with a paper bag over your head.

What you I do have in common is that we have learned to deal with in the best way we know how. We live life, have or had relationships and children and go about the things we need to do. We all find ways to cover up our sweaty existence.

I do agree that facial sweating is harder to deal with in regards to being exposed to people, foot sweating you can hide in shoes and whilst it's uncomfortable nobody is really going to notice, and hand sweating depending how bad it is, I find easier to deal with than facial or underarm or back etc.
I now seem to have most areas affected, so feel I can offer this opinion that depending on how much sweat is produced it has a different effect on a person's quality of life. Mine started mild with underarms, to now most places are at a medium level going to severe with anxiety or heat.

So I am not sure how to cope? I had HH at 14 but it was mild, 3-4 on a scale of 10 so I could deal with it even though I hated it, now its more 7-9 with 10 on some occasions.

HHDisturbed

So I am not sure how to cope? I had HH at 14 but it was mild, 3-4 on a scale of 10 so I could deal with it even though I hated it, now its more 7-9 with 10 on some occasions.

Same here...I started about age 12 at a 3-4 and now its a 8-10 when its at its worse. I am sweating at a 5 at this very moment just sitting here typing with fans running. And it is all from the neck up. My face and hair is wet and its running down my neck making the top of my shirt wet. For me this is still a 5 out of 10. Its a 9 or 10 when I do manual work in the heat and humidity.