Hyperhidrosis and self esteem/confidence?

Englishman

Does anybody else have issues with this? My confidence has been shattered due to putting up with this condition.. Borderline self loathing. How do you guys cope? Any tips on how to live a more enjoyable life?

HHDisturbed

How do you guys cope? Any tips on how to live a more enjoyable life?

OK...you asked :)

I just keep reminding myself that life is way too short and I deserve to live my life too. But yes, HH has and does take it's toll on my self-esteem and confidence at times. However, like Ive said in other posts, I decided long ago that I will NOT be defined by my HH and I am stronger than my disorder. Try to think and be a positive person! Positive tends to draw MORE positive to you. The reverse is true as well.

So each of us must choose which path we want to take: negative, sad and lonely OR positive, happy and fufilled. Unless a person has a true "mental disorder" it actually can be as simple as being a positive person. You cannot expect a miraculous change overnight. It takes time but dont give up. If you make being more positive a personal commitment you WILL see your world change. This will be true because you will begin to see the good and positive side of things instead of the constant negative that keeps one spiraling downward. This is especially important in dealing with the things we cannot change.

Oh yeah, I can already hear the regular group of doomsdayers saying this is a bunch of BS.
To those people I ask...isn't that being negative and does that honestly make you feel good by being negative? Nuff said.

In addition in regard to HH: Be proactive! Try to eat healthy and exercise. Reduce your caffeine intake. Get plenty of sleep. Do your best to reduce the symptoms by finding a treatment that works best for you. Try to avoid those situations and triggers in public that you KNOW will cause a major HH episode. Doing all of the above will not guarantee a magical cure for your HH but it WILL help you live that more enjoyable life.

Last edited: