Hyperhidrosis and Hair Loss

kandyjet

Hello friends.

every time i sweat on my scalp due to my cranofacial HH, i loss a large amount of hair. i never combed my hair for last 10 years with satisfaction.

Do you also have this problem when your sweating over scalp ?

Thank you

Sprawling

Too my knowledge I haven't heard of hair loss do to HH. This is something you need to talk to your doctor about.

Jezza

I briefly had a period of pretty bad hairloss...but then it stopped when I was bald...-jk-

No that was a bad joke couldn't resist...my bad.

But now in seriousness to make up for that: I did have a time where I suddenly was losing a lot of hair everytime I brushed my hair and generally there would be some hairs on my sweater at the end of the day. You can lose up to about 100 hairs a day normally IIRC but it was markedly more than that for me back then. It got serious enough for me to go to the doc and check out if anything was going on (like lack of nutrient absorption or testosterone imbalance). It was that 'what the hell is going on, I'm already sweating like a hooker in church and now my hair is falling out?!?!' It's so easy to get nervous when your fighting an 'invisible enemy'. Anyway the tests came back ok on that front. The doc said well there's nothing here we can see that could be causing it so you can use some medication that slows regular male hair loss (finastride IIRC) or you can take it as it comes.

As finastride is a hormone (or affects hormones) I didn't want to mess with that, so decided to just see what happens. Thankfully *knock on wood* 8 years later there still aren't any bald spots...I still don't know what caused the temporarily increased hairloss back then, maybe stress, maybe some substance that might have contaminated food, maybe just fluctuations from becoming physically mature...who knows, it went back to normal after a while.

Anyway, I understand the importance cause believe me I did not look forward to having HH AND lose my hair at a young age the least bit but now looking back...hairloss is mostly genetically determined (I think in both males and females in case you're female) so unless there is an underlying cause or you're willing to take drastic measures with IMO dubious meds, there's not a whole lot to do about it except try to stress as little as you can about it.

EDIT -In short; what sprawling said-

*knock on would three times for good luck to everyone for keeping hair*

Last edited:

HHDisturbed

Hey K-Jet, Like Sprawling, I have not experienced any hair loss and I have dealt with craniofacial HH now for 34 years. It is more likely that your hair loss is just hereditary but could possibly be accellerated with HH and your climate.

kandyjet

Thanks every one for the comments.
if hh does not cause hair loss, then i can focus on getting a hair loss treatment.
i was thinking all this days that my hh is what triggers the hair loss.