Humiliated.

SpLynx

you seem really unlucky with people :/ just know that it is not normal to act the way she did..

planemo

Hi everyone, I have OCD & AvPD. Last week my mother told me I had to get a part time job... You can imagine how thrilled I was (sarcasm). But I did agree since she said it only had to be 2 days a week.

I was terrified but I thought “maybe it won't be so bad”. Wrong.

Today I got my first call back from some cafe or coffee shop or something, so they asked me to come in for an interview I said yes (possible the most daring thing I've ever done). I got back from the interview a while ago... I very well may never leave the house again.

I'll briefly explain what happen. I got there, went inside, blah blah blah blah blah.

The interview was going fine. The lady was very nice (or so it seemed) although she was kinda laughing to herself throughout the beginning of the interview, I just passed it off.

So she's asking me a few basic questions, then she looks at me and says “are you okay? You seem nervous, you're sweating a lot”. I sweat really bad when I'm around people & my face goes red. I replied that I'm fine just a little shy. Then she laughs and says “well I think you're more than a little shy, look at your face”, I was so humiliated but being who I am I wasn't gonna say anything so I just laughed.

Okay then (possibly the worst part of the interview) she says “um what's wrong with your eye?”. I have amblyobia (lazy eye) in my right eye. I was kinda surprised she asked me that... It's kinda obvious what's wrong with it, but anyway I told her, when I said that she started laughing. I was obviously insulted... but again being me I didn't say anything.

Then she says “so when it comes to personal hygiene is this just a bad day for you or...?”, I wanted to die right there, where the hell does she get off asking about my hygiene? I explained to her I have bad sweating, apparently she didn't hear me. So then before I even answered her she says “I'm sorry you'll have to leave, I have more people coming about the job”, when I walked out of the room I could hear her laughing.

Sorry it's so long but this is like the most embarrassing thing thats ever happen to me.

How am I suppose to ever (attempt) to talk to anyone ever again? I feel pathetic.

Aww, man that's tough and I feel your pain because I've been laughed at so many times in my life.::(:

BITCH!!!!!

Sorry, im lost for words...
But imagine what it would be like working for her?! People always seem nicer in interviews... I had a boss like that once..

I left the day i started!

Last edited:

Kasini

I think we all have had some measure of your experience...so many responses to your thread. It sucks to feel humiliated on top of humiliation...shame of shame...I fear those kind of people, unkind, cruel...a need to make other people feel bad. I feel like I have a sign on my forehead that says, "I am vulnerable, go ahead and say something that makes me feel bad, so that you feel better"