How often do you feel lonely/unwanted

goblin

All the time now. I helped raise my younger sisters and since they hit middle school they stopped talking to me. Now that all but the youngest are grown they don't talk to me at all and I don't get to see them except maybe twice every few months even though we live in the same city. Two years ago my youngest sister (now ten) said she can't relate to me and that I'm boring. I feel useless at home. I have no friends beyond my books and DVDs. All opportunities I had to go to college were denied by my parents, but my sisters went. I'm constantly being compared to my younger sister because she's artistic. ( everyone seems to forget that I taught her everything she knows) this morning my dad said he's never gotten a birthday present despite the fact that I buy him something every year. With both my sister and dad our conversations are always one sided. When I try to say something they change the subject or outright ignore me. Sigh...

That's a damn shame after you put in so much work to help raise them. The influence of someone who cares enough to actually spend time with little kids should never be underestimated.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Hrm.

It's very rare for me to actually feel lonely, in spite of usually being alone. I actively avoid being with people and I'm generally content with my own company.

Being wanted or unwanted doesn't really feel relevant to me. Those imply someone is doing the wanting or un-wanting. Most people are either unaware I exist or know very little about me.

:idontknow: