how many people in uk have HH??

karl:-/

A bit of a survey, just wanting to see how many people in the UK have HH+Anxiety?.
Would like to see what age groups are out there And how many people in each?.
Whats the ratio... Male/female?
Put abit about your condition,day to day tasks,how you see your future??

I'm 26 in July,male,live up north. I'm take Ditropan witch calms my HH down around the house,going out it just buys you time. A big problem is I seem to suffering with insomnia. This can only be the meds I normaly want to sleep all day..
My day to day life could be far better I don't go out much when I do it all about time,distance. Some of you might know what I mean by that. My back pack goes every where over an hours drive.(life in a bag) that's what I call it.. with out my bag I'm useless!! Really getting to me, surely I'm not alone on this one...

Any way, that's kinda what i mean maybe we can relate or start a chat thread. If where sitting suffering in silence scared to leave home at least we can do is help each other. Especially since the docs just forget about us at times....

DaveC

Hi Karl

Where are all the HH suffers in the UK? The more who talk the better. Even if you are not from UK speak out, it is not your fault , just a chemically imbalance. People say it is because you are nervous; rubbish, everyone can be slightly nervous, but hyperhidrosis reacts excessively. I say again HH is not our fault

Yea it would be nice for people to be heard,but as we know coming forward, opening up about HH can be the biggest step EVER! I encourage people to post and talk freely about how it effects their everyday life... I know HH is around the world this site has shown that to me..

You know what I'm trying to do, I can only do this with support from UK sufferers. How can one man by himself and only his perspective on life with HH. Get it seen as a disability, you understand I'm willing to go the distance for us. I only ask for your story about HH and how you see future??

Please guys/girls allow me to help future generations....

Had the hardest 2 days ever with HH :-(

I think my body after only 2 weeks has started to reject these new meds.. they've never done much any eat but that peace of mind was nice. Now I feel totaly hopeless, 2 days of none stop body sweats. You'd of thought I'd been hosed down. I'm thinking of just hiding away again as my efforts seem to be pointless. I'm feeling sick,depressed really can't be bothered any more..

Davec if your out there mate,it looks like no one really cares what I'm trying to do in the UK for HH sufferes... Have you noticed the amount of people that just read posts? I'm not putting any thing more on here about my life with HH... Time to become a recluse and close my eyes to the world as many of us clearly do....

DaveC

Hi Karl,

It may be that not many HH suffers are on this forum. Never give in,I know it is easy for someone to say it , but I have it as well. We need to look a HH and list how we can reduce the problem. I know it can be overwhelming, but we will succeed !

Gaucho

im not from UK but i have HH, but not as strong as you. i use odaban, and it helps

Hi guys, I've been surfing this forum in random occasions but I've finally decided to create an account to mingle. After all, most people here know how I feel. And it would be good to share and chat. Ive had HH(hands and feet) since I was 10 or around there.. I'm turning 20 in September and since founding out about ionto 4 years ago and making my own machine 2 years later, I've managed to get my palms dry on three separate occasions. The feeling of dry hands made me felt better than ever about myself. I remembered the time when I first achieved dryness after two months of treatments. I was out with my friends and I constantly rubbed my fingers, trying to feel of they were sweating. But they weren't. It was a weird feeling to have dry palms when I'm outside after 9 years of living with it.

I'm from Singapore btw.

driping jon

:) hello there .i am another in uk .im 56 and i am sure its getting worse,i use pro banthine ,prob to many but you do what you can,if i ever find a partner it would have to be someone who has it .i will not tell anyone about as i will look to be a freak. i work alone so got that sorted ,i find i hide when possable,always happy when winter arrives and look foward to the zero temp.im in bristol uk .welcome a chat any time :) byeeeeeee

wordy

I do, am London-based.

I use Avert and Probanthine, they both help massively. Give them a try if you haven't already. :)

Male ,25 ,England, I have had HH since 14 it started on my underarms, also sweated abit more than others generally but not what it is now aged 25.

HH on my hands, feet , armpits these areas constantly sweat and then generalised when it's slightly warm, or anxious or any physical exertion, even walking at a steady pace will bring it on like I have run a marathon on the equator.

It has gotten worse over the years to where I am now practically a recluse, I go out very little and a certain times, the worse thing is seeing neighbours on the street.

This has also led to social phobia where I do not like being around people and I cannot stand groups of people. It is embarrassing having people see you sweat and unless you actuallly suffer from HH you will not be able to understand the struggle of everyday life, when its at its worst it would be like having a shower then immediately putting your clothes on and going about your day, having that much moisture on your skin in a sense it feels like your suffocating and just makes you not want to be around anyone, therefore becoming more anxious and this then ups the level of sweating even further so things just go in a circle and I don't really see a way out, unless there are advances in HH treatment.

Last edited:

Sprawling

Humorous answer, 4322.

I understand exactly the social phobia that comes with HH. It sucks! I've chosen to talk and inform others of what I have and made a choice to become socially active. HH itself never gets easier. Ionto has helped fo years with my hands, and then tapered off a little. I always feared that might happen one day.

Now having severe fibromyalgia + the sweating really proves to be challenging. One thing plays off the other. I still CHOOSE to be social when I'm physically able to be. Somethings, we do get to choose.

So after 2 ETS ops nd constant harassment of so called medical professionals I CHOOSE To became a monster who feels empty inside even with a loving partner I choose to want to inflict pain on doctor's who encourage ppl to have these ops... They have created my mental state of mind. My now far worse suffering thn before.. I feel list in this world now!!

Sprawling

karl:-/, Sounds like the anger is taking you over. My daughter had an operation for scoliosis 9 years ago. Rods, screws and pins. The doctor said her operation was a success because it straitened her back. From that day forward she has been in chronic pain where she missed all of her High School years of education and is now on disability. She too has been mad at what was done to her. She is finally beginning to accept her condition and moving along with her life. She's not happy what was done and the grief it causes, but she's moving on.

I feel for you karl:-/. I understand the body sweat thing since I live with it. I just feel your negativity is a bit overwhelming. It's ok to angry, and warn others. Your mental state is now yours. Unfortunately you must live with it. Please try to find some peace in your life. I know it's hard, but at some point one must accept the condition we are in. I've got my own problems that has stopped me from earning a living, so I'm not talking blindly.

Participate in this group with love, from anger... please.

I try each day to find peace nd research my problem like mad, its the lack of understanding by medical professionals that stems my anger. I mean to say their the ones with the diplomas nd such so why is it I have to educate thm? I try to remain hopeful nd enjoy the days I have left, my depression has hit an all time low nd I've started to self harm again :( I thought a problem shared is a problem halfed. Witch it was for a while but now it seems the docs have forgotten about me nd others like me. Leaving us to fend for our selves. While ppl abuse sick benefits. I feel the need to open their eyes,its not like my thoughts are purely irrashonal like many ppl in the worlds your thoughts must stem from something? Or is it just me who believes this? The draw back to my ops have totaly changed me I can't concentrate like I used to. This is because of the surgery others have to same problem,aswell as many other draw backs. Maybe if I make this stand thn it will stop so many others contemplating hurting thm selves or others. I honestly don't mind being the one to take the plunge for the greater good. At least I can say to my self I've done it for the greater good rather thn senslessly hurting ppl from an ideal. In my mind now it for a course..

Sprawling

Maybe you need to be on a forum for self-help. If you are starting to do harm to yourself now is the time to seek professional assistance. Knocking the medical profession as a whole is not going to be beneficial to this group or yourself.

Luka

I've had it since I was 13 I think. I use perspirex which helps but it definitely does not resolve my palmar HH.