How Ionto WORKS for me

DaaaBulls

I thought that I would share with everyone how I get Ionto to work for me. I know from experience how frustrating it is to be completely out of the loop on the Iontophorisis treatment and just could not find any answers to any of my questions.

First off Ionto basically clogs the pores or disables causing them to sweat less or not sweat at all.

A good machine can cost anywhere from $600-$900, but it is worth it because it really is one of the few solutions that we have right now that actually helps. I own the Idromed Pulsed Current machine, it is a really good machine that works.

What I have learned over the past few years about Ionto is this:
-Baking soda and salt have never helped my treatments, in fact they actually make it hurt worse which cause me to not be able to do treatments.

-For me, anything less than a 30 minute treatment in a day really does not work well.

-I have found that not switching the polarity in a session works well. I just do the whole session on one polarity and this works for me.

-One of the most important, if not the most important thing I have learned is that less water is better. The water should only be a couple of centimeters high and should not be high enough so that it touches your fingernails.

-I have also learned that the treatment will work better if you cover your cuts with vasoline because the treatment goes directly to those cuts if you don't, causing the treatment to be far less beneficial.

If you have any questions or anything to add please do respond!

Sprawling

Question for ya...
When doing a single polarity, I gather you are treating a single hand and single foot at a time? The positive polarity is going to your hand and the negative to the foot. Do you find that your feet get as dry as your hands? It's been years since I tried using just a single polarity. Maybe it's time for me to reevaluate again? There must have been a reason I did not continue with this method.

I have cut the amount the water I use in half and have found no difference in the quality of my treatments. I like to get all my fingers submerged in the water so that the backs of my fingers are treated as well as my palms and sides.

This week I have increased my maintenance treatments to 3-4 treatments consecutively to try and compensate for the higher temperatures outside. During really warm spells the effective results of dryness can decrease from 99% dry hands to 80-85% dryness. In the past extra treatments have helped bring the dryness up to 99%.

Ionto can be an individual guessing game following each others experiences as a general guideline. I have found that baking soda and SEA salt increase the pain, not necessarily improving the treatment quality.

IhateHH

i agree with baking soda and salt not helping. Less water the BETTER cuz itle make the electric currents flow easier and in a bigger volume so to speak. NEVER change voltage within 3-6 months of first starting ionto cuz it's like starting over again.. i suggest whatever voltage you want to start out with add another 6-12 volts to start.. just to be on the safe side and do 20 min sessions per day and adjust acordingly when your sweating is decreased or stopped.

For doing both hands and feet.. i would suggest do them seperately or just one of them. I only do feet and leave my hands alone.. you'll notice that if you just do your feet.. your hands will sweat more but it's the price to pay for a none sweaty feet. I would think doing both hands and feet will relocate sweating to armpits...

ionto worked great for me using aluminum food trays and 24v currents... but i stopped due to the inconveniece :/

if your thinking of doing a homeade one.. i would suggest getting a plug-in battery charger type with two clips. WHY? because you don't have to worry about charging your 9v battery AND you can always clip extra 9v batteries to the battery charger to increase voltage.

PS: vasiline is god if you have a cut... itle move the currents away from the cut so it won't sting the wound like a b*tch.

-ihatehh

etsveteran

[q]For me, anything less than a 30 minute treatment in a day really does not work well.[/q]

So do you do 30 mins every day for maintenance? Or just once a week?

I had great results with the same machine, but it seemed like I had to do 2 or even 3 maintenance sessions per week sometimes.

Also, what kind of water do you use and what city is the water based in? Sounds like a strange question, but I think it makes a difference.

I had success in the US, but not in London:

http://www.no-ets.com/idromed-hyperhidrosis.html

Last edited:

hydroman123

Hi guys. Ive been using the idrostar device for the last 2 and a half years. It worked great but I had to do DAILY maintenance to maintain results.(small price to pay).
My problem is that after 4-5 months of total dryness, my hands have started sweating again. For the last month there has been very heavy rains where I live....could that alter the mineral content and screw with the treatments?? A similar drop in results happened about a year ago and I had to cease treatments altogether and start from scratch. It worked but I am scared witless that it wont this time. Any thoughts guys?? Should I do more treatments daily?? Or just persevere and hope for the best??
One last thing....how long have you been doing ionto and have any of you noticed a drop in effectiveness?? Thanks in advance.

I have built my own iontophoresis contraption and it consists of,
- three 6volt batteries
- two sets of alligator clip wires
- two sets of test leads
- 2 aluminum baking pans

(My sessions)
-40 minutes per session switching polarities at the 20 minute mark
-warm water (Our water tends to be of the "hard" type)
-constant 19.4 volts throughout the 40 minute session
-water level is just above my toes

I have tested the system with a volt meter and found that each pan gets about 19.4volts which at this point is suffice. I could most definitely ramp up the voltage to about 25 without even blinking. So in the scenario that 19 volts doesn't work I won't hesitate to go to 25 or even 30 volts.

(The Results)
It's probably a bit premature for me to comment as I have been through 4 sessions and have yet to achieve total dryness. Interestingly enough my hands tend to dry simultaneously while my feet are undergoing the process. Both my hands and feet tend to stay completely dry until I start doing something such as writing with a pen, using a video game controller or type on a keyboard.

As my journey continues I will provide updates along the way. I'd appreciate if everyone could provide some feedback/suggestions on my setup.

Thanks

SweatSweatGoAway

I have built my own iontophoresis contraption and it consists of,
- three 6volt batteries
- two sets of alligator clip wires
- two sets of test leads
- 2 aluminum baking pans

(My sessions)
-40 minutes per session switching polarities at the 20 minute mark
-warm water (Our water tends to be of the "hard" type)
-constant 19.4 volts throughout the 40 minute session
-water level is just above my toes

I have tested the system with a volt meter and found that each pan gets about 19.4volts which at this point is suffice. I could most definitely ramp up the voltage to about 25 without even blinking. So in the scenario that 19 volts doesn't work I won't hesitate to go to 25 or even 30 volts.

(The Results)
It's probably a bit premature for me to comment as I have been through 4 sessions and have yet to achieve total dryness. Interestingly enough my hands tend to dry simultaneously while my feet are undergoing the process. Both my hands and feet tend to stay completely dry until I start doing something such as writing with a pen, using a video game controller or type on a keyboard.

As my journey continues I will provide updates along the way. I'd appreciate if everyone could provide some feedback/suggestions on my setup.

Thanks

Not to sound like a pessimist, but don't get discouraged if the homemade machine doesn't work. To truly try iontophoresis, use a professional device, such as Idromed, or R.A Fischer. These machines provide a much smoother experience and ensure that you are using the best quality possible.

Sprawling

Sometimes for some weird unknown reason ionto might decide not be as effective, or our hands might be not as responsive. It's happened to me a bunch of times over the past 5 1/2 years. Then magically after several months it seems to go back to working normally. During the weird time, I just increase my treatments and that seems to help. Overall, I'm very pleased with my Fischer unit.

Someone mentioned use the least amount of water as possible. Over the years I have done treatment using a total of 2 gallons of water (total) for both hands and feet, then recently changed my trays to use just a gallon (total) of water. I like to make sure that both the front and back of my hands get treatment as well as the top and bottom of my feet.

I have not noticed any difference in the quality of treatment whether I use one or 2 gallons of water per treatment. Using less water does not make me drier and the frequency of my treatments remain the same.