How do you turn yourself off of someone?

001Common-Ostrich-BINNS-IMG_49.jpg

Last edited:

Quasimodo

Hmmm...Why do you say that there is no chance...?Have you atleast tried to make a move maybe even a flirtacious gesture to that person to let em know your interested....This has happened to me before and I must say that the "crush" feeling i had for this person stayed with me for years untill at last I browsed her on myspace and found her BUT i didnt send her a message what I did was send her a friend request hoping shed message me but NO...but atleast she accepted my friend request but Naaaah I deleted it...so since then I dont have the "crush" feeling towards her anymore...but id suggest giving that person some sign or speakin with that person to let em know how you feel and if they dont respond that ought to end your crush.

Remus

Staff member
These kind of feelings do gradually wear off, everyone gets crushes, it's part of human nature, the next distraction could pop by anytime soon and then you have another crush to deal with, often this was the case with me during my life.

Sometimes though the crush goes both ways and thats nice :)

Look for something you can really hate about the person. Hate should overpower crushes. Or if hate is uncomfortable, try "be really annoyed by" or "be disgusted by."

Ubersonic

I had the same problem http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/postt20643.html

So far what's working for me is just focusing on other things. Get her/him out of your mind anyway possible, it's not easy, but you must try. Just keep reminding yourself that it's just he hormones doing their job. Remember, having a crush is not a bad thing, letting it consume your mind is.

worrywort

ubersonic said:
So far what's working for me is just focusing on other things. Get her/him out of your mind anyway possible, it's not easy, but you must try. Just keep reminding yourself that it's just he hormones doing their job. Remember, having a crush is not a bad thing, letting it consume your mind is.

Yea I was thinking the same thing....whatever you feed, grows. The more you think about something the more it'll consume you.....so if you're sure it's the right way to go, then I'd try and starve the thoughts out of your system.

Remus

Staff member
You are not a knob, everyone goes throught this at some stage, crushes always wear off.

Unless you are a bunny boiler :twisted:

Remus

Staff member
watch the film "Fatal Attraction" Glen Close is a psyho stalker obsessive lover who boils micheal douglass's pet bunny :lol:

HH

crushes do wear off, you need to give it time and concentrate on other things. It may be harder if you see this person a lot though as distance also helps.

Havocan

The way I perceive things you just have to sustain those painful feelings haunting your mind when you experience a crush. Try to think about something else; focus on your interests, hobbies, anything that'll keep your thoughts busy.