How do you tell others that your lonely?

Migy

Or can you? I've moved 3 hours away from home and to Austin. Trying to see if I can start a new life here. I need to make this change in my life otherwise I'll be trapped in my old one where friends will leave one by one because they are making positive changes.

I'm on a temporary stay for the next 4 months with 2 people. They are busy working all the time and I am too. I don't know anyone else here, and I feel compelled to not call friends back home. It feels like I'm trying to survive getting by without them. I fear it will mean I'm weak and a debby downer if I call them up and express sadness. I'm afraid to say things like this to co-workers at my job who have asked if I'm okay because my deamanor doesn't show I am okay.

I don't know how to tell others I'm lonely cause I feel I cannot, that I'm forced to make a positive impression. Typing this right now is making me teary eyed already.

:crying: Somebody please, I don't know what to think at this point.

neardeath

Or can you? I've moved 3 hours away from home and to Austin. Trying to see if I can start a new life here. I need to make this change in my life otherwise I'll be trapped in my old one where friends will leave one by one because they are making positive changes.

I'm on a temporary stay for the next 4 months with 2 people. They are busy working all the time and I am too. I don't know anyone else here, and I feel compelled to not call friends back home. It feels like I'm trying to survive getting by without them. I fear it will mean I'm weak and a debby downer if I call them up and express sadness. I'm afraid to say things like this to co-workers at my job who have asked if I'm okay because my deamanor doesn't show I am okay.

I don't know how to tell others I'm lonely cause I feel I cannot, that I'm forced to make a positive impression. Typing this right now is making me teary eyed already.

You are trying to make a positive change, just like your old friends! It's only human to be lonesome after a geographical change, and most people will understand that.

Call the old friends and tell them you miss them if it would make you feel better, and quit being so hard on yourself. :)

You have a new job. You will meet new people. Just follow your gut so you don't end up with the bad eggs. It's okay to cry to release it, too. Talking about it is not a weakness and it helps people to know you are just having a human emotion and that your demeanor is only reflecting that.

Congrats on taking some action for yourself!

SamD

You only need to make one new friend in Austin, and sooner or later that will happen. I say 1 friend only because that friend will introduce you to new people, and even if the first friend turns out to be no good for you, he/she will introduce you to someone who is compatible.

Hang in there. Do you have an interest in any kind of sport, or class? You'd probably only need to go a few times before you meet someone who can become a friend. Then you can stop going if it's too uncomfortable

Hey I'm proud of you for making a positive leap! It'll work itself out. You'll find friends and have fun.

MikeyC

You're doing well by moving and trying to induce positive changes to your life. :) Well done. Maybe your co-workers know other people. On a period where you're all not working, perhaps you can meet some.

It'll happen! Just persevere. :D

Steiner

Austin... Austin.. Hey! does that mean you live in Texas too? Hail friend! #YANA

:thumbup:

I don't know how to make you feel less lonely but good for you for getting out there with your life.