How do you shop?

Caseums21

My dad is a coal miner and he never has time to go grocery shopping so every two weeks, I have to go. I only go to Wal-mart around 1am to shop. The closest super Wal-mart is 40 minutes away from my house but thankfully theres one being built around 20 minutes from me. Does anyone else try to go around the time that people aren't around? Do you get anxious in stores?

I'm not just talking about grocery shopping but just anything. The mall isn't open late at night, of course. So I order my clothes and anything else I need from online. My computers, most movies, clothes, games, and things for my car are from online. Do you also order things online just to avoid going out in public?

I tried to shop with at the mall and I just walked through the front door and had to turn around and leave. I was so sick the rest of the day and I even vomited. It's so embarrassing that I basically stay home, fearing with vomiting in public now. Sorry for being so graphic.

LonelyGirl

I'm ok with shopping. I usually enjoy it, although I do get anxious if a shop assistant starts talking to me and offering help. I was looking for a mother's day present in the body shop yesterday and the shop assistant came over twice asking me if I was ok, if I was looking for a gift, if I needed any help. I felt like I was constantly being watched so I just left.

Finn

I love getting clothes but tyr to avoid going on my own as much as possible, when i go on my own i start getting very anxious and don't know what to do with myself, even if i'm going just to get a bit of food shopping ill go to another town near me so i don't run into anyone i know

Foxglove

I despise shopping :evil:. Especially when it comes to buying clothes for myself. Buying stuff for other people isn't as bad. I order most of my clothes from catalogs. That spares me the anxiety of dealing with crowded streets and shopping malls, and spares me the agony and humiliation of trying on clothes in those cramped, brightly lit dressing rooms :wink: .

About vomiting in public: shopping malls have restrooms. If you feel nauseous, just pop into the restroom. Often, just finding a place to "hide" for a while can make you feel less anxious. I've done that often, locking myself in a stall in the ladies' until my anxiety attack is gone.

Foxglove

LonelyGirl said:
I'm ok with shopping. I usually enjoy it, although I do get anxious if a shop assistant starts talking to me and offering help. I was looking for a mother's day present in the body shop yesterday and the shop assistant came over twice asking me if I was ok, if I was looking for a gift, if I needed any help. I felt like I was constantly being watched so I just left.

Don't you just hate that? Either the salespeople are breathing down your neck, watching your every move, making you feel like they think you're a shoplifter or something, or all sales personnel seem to have all been sucked into a black hole when you actually do need assistance.

Generical

I live with my parents so they cover the grocery shopping bit luckily. With anything else i get it straight from the internet, if i go shopping with friends then im usually distracted by either feeling ill or just from all the people and sites of the city kind of thing, i rarely go out so im kinda like a little kid at a circus.....pretty much fascinated by everything lol.
Also i hate buying stuff, not the spending money but dealing with the person behind the till......i mean i can do it and suprise suprise nothing bad happens but why the hell am i so nervous about it.......is damn frustrating sometimes.

Zarrix

I don't mind shopping occasionally, or going to fast food places etc. Sometimes I will get nervous and forget to get my change or leave the product which I purchased behind, because I want to get out of the place quickly.

gqguru

I like shopping. To me what I choose to wear is something I can control. It also makes me feel like if I'm dressed really well, more focus will be on what I'm wearing and not what I look like. Sometimes I get really flustered, and can't go. But on the occasions I do, I have to avoid looking at myself in the dressing room mirrors.

gqguru

Generical said:
i mean i can do it and suprise suprise nothing bad happens but why the hell am i so nervous about it.......is damn frustrating sometimes.

To me that is the most tedious part of all. You look back on it once you're home and think 'Why did'nt I just enjoy myself?!'

shon

I like shopping but when it's time to check out, I get uncomfortable standing in line thinking the people behind me are judging how I look or what I'm buying. I keep my distance from the people standing in front of me. I hate how at Wal-Mart or K-Mart, sometimes when you walk out the alarm thing goes off because the cashier forgot to take the sensor (or whatever) off the dvd or cd you purchased. It's loud and everyone looks at you like you tried to steal something :?

I hardly ever go to the mall.

scorpion

Shopping is OK but only if the shop is full, that way nobody sees me or asks if i need help, or stays beind me like a shadow. I hate to enter in empty shops.
A few years ago i couldnt about going to a mall to spend the day, its was a day in hell, i used to force myself to go whith school mates but it was agonizing pain all the way, and the most horrific part was meal time. I would go hungry because i couldnt eat in public. I just couldnt imagine everyone whatching me eating, so i didnt

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Generical said:
I live with my parents so they cover the grocery shopping bit luckily. With anything else i get it straight from the internet, if i go shopping with friends then im usually distracted by either feeling ill or just from all the people and sites of the city kind of thing, i rarely go out so im kinda like a little kid at a circus.....pretty much fascinated by everything lol.
Also i hate buying stuff, not the spending money but dealing with the person behind the till......i mean i can do it and suprise suprise nothing bad happens but why the hell am i so nervous about it.......is damn frustrating sometimes.

I'm the same, live with my mum, so the grocery shopping is cover. I rarely go to the supermarket now. For the last 3 years, I've bought all my CDs, DVDs and Books online

I like to get to the store right after it opens. Otherwise there are too many people and you can't take your time or even get through the aisles. Walmart is evil, I refuse to shop there. Costco Rules!

Shopping was an issue when I was younger, but now I've gotten used to it. I don't have to interact at all with other customers, and interactions with employees can be kept brief and professional (as in, not personal).

EveM

I don't actually have a problem with shopping at all. I can easily go by myself and I'm fine. Probably because I've done a lot of shopping my whole life :D The thing that most worries me is the spending money.

LostViking

The only thing I have a problem with when shopping (alone, together with others I'm usually fine) are the "popular" cloth stores. I'm not sure why, but could be it's because they are rather small so everyone can see where I am and what kind of clothes I'm looking at. When I'm alone I tend to visit the larger stores with more room and less customers at my own age.