how do you get on with work colleagues

Kiwong

Emergency Escapes: Bring your cell phone. Helps u ignore people while seeming just busy. You could always have a family emergency and leave early if you just cant take it anymore. Migraines/headaches - i once had a migraine on a 4 hour office boat trip and slept through most of the afternoon. Needing something "from town" gets you away for a good hour to have a little time to yourself. Or if its a nature area you may be able to take off for a couple hours "exploring". If you tell them you meditate, that also steals you some alone time. The good thing about retreats is theyll usually have some organized activities and its not like you have to just hang out all weekend. It might help you handle a long weekend if you can get away from everybody frequently to take solitude breaks.

Going exploring is not a bad idea, it is a nature area.

I don't own a cellphone Valinda. However, I have a laptop, which I can bring to occupy myself. I am thinking of seeing a doctor on those days, I have a sun spot/skin cancer that needs removal.

The thought of sharing a dining room, I eat alone have done for twenty years, makes me ill. These are people I do not wish to spend any time with outside work. They are drink and gossip buddies.

I am fearful of doing this, I resent that this has been imposed on my loife.