How Do you cope with this?

Hoppy

. if there are any SA'ers on here that are 30+ can u please tell me how u cope? im asking this because i cant imagine how life will be with more responsibility,especially after my parents pass away cause they take care of everything for me .

Getting your parents to stop doing everything for you is the crucial bit. If your parents are like mine poison them, I mean ask them to let you make decisions on your own.

I won't tell you how I cope because I'm not really.

The basic rule with children is never to be alone in a room with them.

Shyangel

I know exactly how you feel, I'm in the same place. I'm 22 and I rely on everyone around me for things like, shelter, food, clothes ect. I try to help out as much as I can, though.
I'm like you though, I'm terrified of having all of that to take care of by myself, so I haven't done much because of the fear. I also avoid attention at all costs, there's hardly anything that scares me more then a group of people watching me. I love my parent's very much and can't imagine life without them either. Your family knows you so I wouldn't worry about them thinking your bad for the kids. I have a 2 year old niece, and she draws alot of attention because she likes to say hi to everyone, it's good exposure, but it does get me very nervous. If you want to chat or something, feel free.

CHAKRAPOINT

I know exactly how you feel, I'm in the same place. I'm 22 and I rely on everyone around me for things like, shelter, food, clothes ect. I try to help out as much as I can, though.
I'm like you though, I'm terrified of having all of that to take care of by myself, so I haven't done much because of the fear. I also avoid attention at all costs, there's hardly anything that scares me more then a group of people watching me. I love my parent's very much and can't imagine life without them either. Your family knows you so I wouldn't worry about them thinking your bad for the kids. I have a 2 year old niece, and she draws alot of attention because she likes to say hi to everyone, it's good exposure, but it does get me very nervous. If you want to chat or something, feel free.

its the way i change when i know peeple are staring at me when interacting with kids. first i go blank because my focus isnt on answering all the kids questions but on how the adults are percieving me and the fact that i went blank puts a red flag around me in their percwption because they are thinking "how can he not answer a nine year olds question" so sumthing must be up.
even my family gives me looks because i go blank.

@shyangel: we can definately chat ,just got to wait and c when we both are on :)

Aletheia

I find I seize up and go blank when my focus is too much on myself rather than what's going on around me. I need to stop obsessing about what other people are thinking about me. So finding an external focus takes me out of my head to where I can pay more attention on what's going on around me.

Reading books, playing with lego, throwing a ball around: these are all things that children like to be a part of and create just such an external focus. If they're small, you could play chasing games where being "scary" might even be an asset.