How do you become more talkative?

LittleMissScareAll

I know it's not up to me to keep the entire conversation going, but sometimes when people say something I can't think of anything to say back unless they ask me a question or something.....then I guess alot of people expect me to ask something back, and sometimes I don't know what to ask, so I don't. 8O
For some people I think it's just an excuse, that they don't want to talk to me...like my ex...when we first started talking, online, we could talk for hours about things, but after a few months I guess he got bored of me because he said we "didn't talk enough" but he never made an effort to talk to me. I wanted to talk to him but I guess because he didn't want to, he just blamed it all on me. :roll: I found out, it wasn't even why he broke up with me anyway, it was over something entirely different but one reason he gave me is that we "didn't talk enough".
Maybe that's just everyone's excuse...maybe they all actually think I'm not good enough to talk to them or something, and they just want to blame it all on me. :roll:

And I can't talk to people I don't know. 8O That's impossible, unless they talk to me first and they never do.

TAMPA-BAY

How to become more talkative

-
I use to have that problem alot especially at my job which is at a supermarket. I could say hi -can i help you-paper or plastic but one scentence would be all.

Now I probe people to see if we have some thing in common.

I look at their clothes to see if they like a perticular sports team and talk about that; maby start a friendly rivalry.

or, I ask them which school their kid attends and then compare what school was like for me compare to now.

Or, I talk about the strange weather we are having.

Most say our problem is over thinking but it you just speak your mind you could just end up offending someone and that usualy cause the other person to shutdown or argue.

but if you really want a rowdy conversation talk POLITICS I Guarantee you'll be talking for hours. Trust me on that.

Kinetik

Sometimes I find it helpful to rehearse an impeding scene in my mind. Let's say I'm about to accost someone and congratulate them on their new job. I would have a sort of mental tree-diagram planned out, with my questions basically thought out and a few responses thought up to cover the most likely things they'd come up with. This helps me to get going, which is usually all I need to flow into a half-decent conversation with the person involved. In this respect it's a bit of an act, but it does save me some potential embarrassment since the impulsiveness-factor is minimized.