How do I stop oversleeping?

:eek:!! Give me the obnoxious loud sound of an alarm clock anyday!lol

Haha, fair enough, fair enough. x3

I should have emphasized a veeeerrrrryyy low voltage. ;P One that stimulates the mind unconsciously, and so waking the person up due to brain activity. Not an actual shock, that would be rather cruel. :3

awkwardamanda

Well, I'd place the alarm clock on my desk, so I had to actually get up to turn it off.

My alarm clock is on my desk across the room so I actually have to get out of bed to turn it off. But I still press snooze and go back to bed. Regardless of how much or how little sleep I get, I have to wake up slow. I hit snooze for about half an hour or more before I drag my ass out of bed. Even if I sleep in and get to wake up without an alarm, I'll just lay in bed for a while cause it's kinda nice to just lay there.

I wanna get one of these some time:
Philips - Energy light - Wake-up light - Light therapy - Lighting
Philips - Wake-up Light HF3480/60 - Wake-up light - Light therapy - Lighting
It's an alarm with a light that turns on gradually before you have to wake up, instead of startling you first thing in the morning and starting the day off like hell. Unfortunately my room is too much of a mess right now so I'd have nowhere to put it.::(:

Fighter86

My alarm clock is on my desk across the room so I actually have to get out of bed to turn it off. But I still press snooze and go back to bed. Regardless of how much or how little sleep I get, I have to wake up slow. I hit snooze for about half an hour or more before I drag my ass out of bed. Even if I sleep in and get to wake up without an alarm, I'll just lay in bed for a while cause it's kinda nice to just lay there.

Same here. But usually I am unable to wake because of insufficient sleep, but even with enough rest, I have the habit of just lying in bed for some while before getting up, up to half hour or 40mins, probably explains why I am late for work in the mornings, unable to summon the strength to get up for some reason.

Fighter86

Sometimes i have a lot of trouble getting out of bed. The last few days I've been sleeping for about 12 hours. It ruins my day and makes me feel so pathetic and ashamed, I don't know what is wrong with me. I don't seem to have much willpower at all.

It happens more with certain types of antidepressant - but I can't really blame the meds because if I have an appointment or something like that I can always get up in time.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to overcome this?

Have you tried structuring a routine? This could help, it would force you to get out of bed at the time you would like.