How do I eliminate boredom?

lily

just to help out in this post. if you want to try to exercise there's jumping jacks, running on the spot, lying down and doing crunches or cycling your legs and w/ your hands behind your head and your elbows going left and right, standing up in v-legs and using your elbows to crunch to the opposite side left and right, and there's also stretches.

Marc7

just to help out in this post. if you want to try to exercise there's jumping jacks, running on the spot, lying down and doing crunches or cycling your legs and w/ your hands behind your head and your elbows going left and right, standing up in v-legs and using your elbows to crunch to the opposite side left and right, and there's also stretches.

Thank you. The motivation is not there unfortunately, it comes once in a while.

cappatown420

I didn't read through all of the posts but have you tried finding new TV shows? I binged watched Breaking Bad and frequently re-watch episode of The Walking Dead/Fear The Walking Dead. Takes no energy.

lily

Thank you. The motivation is not there unfortunately, it comes once in a while.

Ok you're welcome. also you can lie down and bend you knees and hug it towards your body and also you can stretch your arms all the way up and your feet downwards, that feels nice too.

It's a bit of a stale answer, but general housework. What I feel from experience is that when I'm lacking motivation, it takes waaay longer to come back when I wait for it. The brain is a mess of chemistry that is directly connected to your body, this is especially true when under the influence of anxiety and depression. Just doing things won't fix those, of course, but they can be temporary or momentary, patched a little.

Other than that, it's important to get things in your life that you enjoy. Rarely will they ever take you all day, though.. But that can be solved by having more than one thing you like. For me personally it's taking care of my cats, making sure my plants are hydrated, sweeping the floor, ect. Then I usually feel I have earned to play a game I like, at least for an hour or two.

Avoiding too much salt and fat also makes a huge difference on your overall mood. Your body and mind react to what it gets, and the effects thereof can't be understated. Again, this won't solve anything directly, but eating better gives you more energy, and can make you feel like you accomplished something purely by eating - and you need to do that anyway, so it's simply a matter of swapping some stuff out.

At any rate, I'm sorry you're feeling that way. I've been there too, and it sucks.. I don't think I would've taken any of the advice I just gave in that state of mind, but I figured I'd hazard a shot. ;)

Last edited:

Marc7

I didn't read through all of the posts but have you tried finding new TV shows? I binged watched Breaking Bad and frequently re-watch episode of The Walking Dead/Fear The Walking Dead. Takes no energy.

I don't watch TV even if i did I will be behind in most shows. I think I know what it takes no energy means but what do you mean by it?

Marc7

Ok you're welcome. also you can lie down and bend you knees and hug it towards your body and also you can stretch your arms all the way up and your feet downwards, that feels nice too.

Stretch my arms all the way up and feet downwards while laying down?

Marc7

It's a bit of a stale answer, but general housework. What I feel from experience is that when I'm lacking motivation, it takes waaay longer to come back when I wait for it. The brain is a mess of chemistry that is directly connected to your body, this is especially true when under the influence of anxiety and depression. Just doing things won't fix those, of course, but they can be temporary or momentary, patched a little.

Other than that, it's important to get things in your life that you enjoy. Rarely will they ever take you all day, though.. But that can be solved by having more than one thing you like. For me personally it's taking care of my cats, making sure my plants are hydrated, sweeping the floor, ect. Then I usually feel I have earned to play a game I like, at least for an hour or two.

Avoiding too much salt and fat also makes a huge difference on your overall mood. Your body and mind react to what it gets, and the effects thereof can't be understated. Again, this won't solve anything directly, but eating better gives you more energy, and can make you feel like you accomplished something purely by eating - and you need to do that anyway, so it's simply a matter of swapping some stuff out.

At any rate, I'm sorry you're feeling that way. I've been there too, and it sucks.. I don't think I would've taken any of the advice I just gave in that state of mind, but I figured I'd hazard a shot. ;)

What do you mean by when your lacking motivation it takes longer to come back when you wait for it? I'll try to do more housework.

There are things that I enjoy but I'm too anxious or not motivated enough to do them.

I'm trying to eat healthier recently but how can I tell which foods have high fats and salts if it doesn't mention it?

The state of mind I'm in or you? Thank you.

cappatown420

I don't watch TV even if i did I will be behind in most shows. I think I know what it takes no energy means but what do you mean by it?

Get Netflix, start a brand new show.

I mean it takes no physical energy. Sometimes I am too depressed (too physically weak) to actually do stuff, whether is be going to the grocery store, doing stuff in the sun, doing your laundry etc.

I know some people can't understand how messy people with depression get- but it's because not only is there no motivation, but sometimes the energy isn't there as well.

Even making food to eat is hard sometimes.

cappatown420

Avocados are good for you, there are high in fat, but it's the good kind of fat. They are good on a fried potato burger- sliced up with some lettuce and all.. like a fake hamburger but it's actually better,

lily

I mean it takes no physical energy. Sometimes I am too depressed (too physically weak) to actually do stuff, whether is be going to the grocery store, doing stuff in the sun, doing your laundry etc.

I know some people can't understand how messy people with depression get- but it's because not only is there no motivation, but sometimes the energy isn't there as well.

i find it hard to do things i think it's b/c of my condition. i need extra motivation there.

Marc7

I see what your saying, but my motivation is really low and I am too anxious to try a new show. What has helped with your motivation and anxiety (if you have a lot of anxiety) if you don't mind me asking?

Avocados are good for you, there are high in fat, but it's the good kind of fat. They are good on a fried potato burger- sliced up with some lettuce and all.. like a fake hamburger but it's actually better,

I like avocados, they would help me with anxiety and low motivation?