how did you find back your interest in life?

Bugs

I get depressed most of the time and slowly I lost interested in everything. I can't seem to get it back. Have you recovered or are you in the process of recovery? How did you gain back your interest or passion for living or for life as a whole?

truffleshuffle

I get depressed most of the time and slowly I lost interested in everything. I can't seem to get it back. Have you recovered or are you in the process of recovery? How did you gain back your interest or passion for living or for life as a whole?
I think it just takes time. Usualy if I am depressed for along period of time it takes awhile for me to get back into doing things I once enjoyed.

EscapeArtist

Re: anything

I haven't even found my interest yet. :(

In this boat unfortunately.

There are some things that do help me though, and for periods of time I have or have had my interest back.

1. Hobbies.
Start filling your time with hobbies, the simplist thing that you still even just mildly enjoy. Or a lost hobby that you used to take great passion for.

2. Daily self care
Try exercising daily. I'm not sure what about it makes a person more enthusiastic towards everything in life, but when you feel physically good, it just happens. Try to keep your sleep schedule in line so that you feel more connected to the rest of the world, and not as zombiefied

3. Take a chance every once in a while.
So that you can remind yourself about exhileration. Sometimes getting adjusted to your comfort zone can cause that feeling of apathy, because we don't venture away from our comfort zone enough to know that excitement is tied in with fear. It can be something more daring, if you have anxiety join a group. Or go on a trip. Or Volunteer somewhere. Skydive. Do something you consider out of your comfort zone, but don't put too much pressure on it so that it seems daunting. If your comfort zone is small, take small steps. If you haven't been out with friends for awhile, go out with friends. Try talking to a stranger. Something that brings a tiny bit of fear and newness into your life. You don't have to do this everyday, only when you feel really like you need to remind yourself that life isn't as dull as you feel it is.

hope those tips help. And if you're in such a moment where you don't think you care about doing anything to help yourself, keep some things in mind and just remind yourself that when you want to get out of that state of mind, you know just what to do.

hardy

I feel i am on my way to recovery. Vipassana meditation helped me immensely.

I still have some really un-pleasant sensations...but i know they won't last. I meditate,work little, sleep and get up okay. Things have improved a lot. When i expose too much to my phobias i get tired, anxious...then i meditate, sleep and i get up okay. This has been my routine for like 1-2 month. I am not depressed anymore as i have a solution to overcome these phobias and actually all the problems of life. Please take some time to read what is Vippassana meditation...i asked this question before...how long do you want to suffer? Put some efforts in the right direction....here is a path...please read and follow this path.

I understand it's not easy to have hope...i am doing much better than before....take my word for it.you can also.

The Art of Living: Vipassana Meditation