How can a person with HH have a girlfriend?

Nicholas

How can a person with generalized hyperhidrosis (sweating almost everywhere, forehead, back, chest, etc.) ever find a girlfriend? All the people who have HH that I have read about online have HH only on one part of the body, like hands or armpits, and so they use antiperspirants and that's it. Or they have had a partner for a long time so the partner has accepted the condition (maybe they met before it became a problem).
But for someone with generalized hyperhidrosis who has to meet girls first and start from scratch, how the hell does he (or she, extending the topic to females) do it? Do I only have to meet girls outside in winter? Or at night in the summer but still very sweaty, with my drops running down my face and introduce myself like "hi, I guess you can see how much I suck, so I wonder why the hell I am even trying". I can't even imagine a kind of girl who would like me, unless she had the same problem and then she would avoid hot places as much as I do (that is, completely, which is debilitating).
Hyperhidrosis is a major cause of my depression and why my life sucks. The main cause, I would actually say.

PS: If someone is thinking of suggesting meds or any remedies just consider that I am afraid of even trying antiperspirants because even though I sweat several liters I still like to do intense physical activity, and not sweating during intense training might be very dangerous, so I'm unsure what to do.

Last edited:

Nicholas

But you can overcome SA, while HH has no cure yet, and god only knows when they will find the cause. SA is due to fear... fear is easy to understand, share, explain, etc. HH is due to... who knows? And there seem to be enough proof that it's a physical disease. So you can't do anything but accept it, and it's gross. And while a person with SA can be seen as temporarily "weak", a person with HH can only be seen as permanently gross.

Noca

Banned
People are WAY more likely to accept a physical illness than a mental illness. I personally dont see an HH'er gross as long as they use deodorant and shower often.

I have a physical disease that malformed my skeleton, specially my legs and knees, and as a child was made fun of. However, in ALL of my relationships ive had, NONE have had any problem with my genetic bone disease. So... that my thoughts.

Man, I have HH and SA plus blushing on top of that. Needless to say my
self esteem is low. I have been single my whole life but I still want to
believe that if the girl likes you then she will overlook all those "problems".
Good luck to you and good luck to me :)

klytus

I would go out with someone with HH
It may depend a lot on the severity of the illness' manifestation. If someone is soaked, dripping wet, it can become a problem over the time, especially since there is no way to stop it. It could remain that way for a lifetime. That person's character would have to be impressive to sufficiently compensate for the ailment. Since that's seldom the case and given the large number of other people to choose a possible mate from, why would anyone want to stay together with someone who has, say, hyperhidrosis?

Holding hands would be unpleasant, stroking one's partner's hair impossible, and sleeping in the same bed would require a lot of physical acceptance.

If two people with HH have sex with eachother, is it like a rain dance? XD
I suppose that's the least relevant aspect. If you get to the point of having sex with someone, you can be - more or less - certain that she/he is into you, regardless of your hyperhidrosis.