How about a 30+ forum?

BreakingFree

How about setting up a 30+ forum to discuss adult things ?:wink:

Just kidding!

I would love to know what kinda issues they are dealing with in their lives if different from the young ones.

summer

hello, im 31 and a lone parent, struggling with what life throws at me.
it does seem like there are more younger sufferers in here but its still good to talk to everyone, we are all feeling the same. i do know what you mean though, we sometimes suffer different problems as we leave school and grow older.
i have actually noticed my SA more in the past year since my youngest started school and ive been really struggling to cope with presentations and assessments in my colllege course and working as a student, most of the time work is ok, there are things that i find cringy but do but ocasionaly things get thrown at me that i can't cope with, its ok while im only a student though, im not gonna get the sack.
I have just finished college now and am terrified about getting a job and how im going to cope with it. i have an interview next week! dont no how i will cope with it but i will try my hardest to put on a mask and pretend im confident, if i should get it i will just have to hope i can cope with what the job throws at me because i need to feed and clothe my kids and the job center are constantly on my back.
life can be so hard at times when no one understand. :twisted:

Aren't old people like the same as young people but older :wink: ? Hmm Well I'm not old, but like I think we're good here. I actually haven't seen many differences between age on the forums. It's sometimes hard to tell how old people are in here, like I seriously have like nooo idea. Well either way the oldies are what keep us together :D!!!!

Fairy001

I am one of the older people, and I think I can often tell when people post they are alot younger than me.

I don't think this is a bad thing at all, in fact it is very interesting.

Peace xxx

TAMPA-BAY

older

Wow fairy I also though you were like 16. I dont think we need a 30plust forum. Actualy if there are links on this site to other anxiety site. If you just follow the link and join multiple site you will find each site has diffrent demographic.

I dont want to get in trouble by talking about other site openly but just ask around and you will find which sites have the age group that suits you.

Dave_McFadden

Sounds good to me.

Um, unfortunately, I spent the whole day moving my apartment, so at this point I'm too tired to come up with any sage commentary. I'm lucky I can even type. (This sort of thing happens when one becomes an "oldie").

noblame4

I can tell younger (even though at 21 im pretty young myself) users by reading their posts too.

When someone posts something along the lines of, "OMFG!! My life is leik, epic fail!!!!1! I HAAAAAATE evr singel person on thiz planet, nobdy understands me! My moms leik, teh meanest btch evar! If nobdy leiks me, they can allz just GTFO!!!!1!!!" I'm thinking, "Oh, to be 16 again."

Chat speakz. From the mouths of babes!! >_<

coriander1992

noblame4 said:
I can tell younger (even though at 21 im pretty young myself) users by reading their posts too.

When someone posts something along the lines of, "OMFG!! My life is leik, epic fail!!!!1! I HAAAAAATE evr singel person on thiz planet, nobdy understands me! My moms leik, teh meanest btch evar! If nobdy leiks me, they can allz just GTFO!!!!1!!!" I'm thinking, "Oh, to be 16 again."

Chat speakz. From the mouths of babes!! >_<

Well i'm 15 years old and I can assure you that I have never spoken like that on this forum, or anywhere else for that matter... :lol:

I think a 30+ forum is a good idea, even though I wouldn't be using it!

Fairy001

Thought I was sixteen, lol, that says something! :lol:

I don't think there is a need for a thity plus forum, unless the old codgers want it!

Respect now due because of my age! :lol:

Peace xxx

slimjim119

I'm 39 years old. Although I feel and look younger for my age. Except for a couple of gray hairs. Maybe the stress of surviving SA all these years.

Schmoo

actually, I think a 30+ forum would be a good idea b/c the life challenges are different (e.g., dealing with HS/college issues, versus work). but it would only work if there were enough old geezers.

sketchy24

I'm kinda glad there isn't one :D Its selfish really but whenever I see someone whos like 30+ posting stuff on here I get real depressed. I'm never gonna get over social anxiety >.> I keep hoping I'll grow out of it but nope guess not.

And I was bummed for weeks when I read someone posting on here who was... *sniff* 65!!!! I keep feeling I'm gonna be turning sixty soon and still like this and I'm only 24 :(