Housebound: Trapped Inside

Please tune in to watch Housebound: Trapped Inside on TLC (The Learning Channel) December 1st!

Last edited:
I was almost in this show.
But I think my drunken rants scared the producer away lol.
Or maybe it was my location. Either way, I think I'd be too afraid to do a show like this anyway.

I'm really glad this is airing though. I've never seen a documentary about this on tv, or even the internet, besides the occasional joke link.

Let's all form a watching party!

30+yrswasted

I have been dealing with this since I was 17(in my 50's now). I have been house bound several times this time 8 years. I have taken meds,Dr's,Hypnosis,you name it. It don't work. That show made you think some shrink comes to your house and you leave with him and you are cured. Again BS.

What I didn't like about the show is that these women suffer from situational agoraphobia. They also have people close to them and in their lives that the producer can interview. And nice job with the shaky camera. It's good for a show.
But this isn't me, or probably most of us at all.
For me, I've been struggling with social anxiety and public awkwardness my whole life.
It's not about being afraid to be outside. I can go outside. It's the judging of others that matter most.
I don't have a nice story to tell. It's just me, alone.
And why did the producer only cast 2 big boned women? It's almost like they're trying to make an image of an agoraphobic, and being an agoraphobic, I'm a little bit insulted.

Maybe I'm being harsh though. I just thought this would be something I could relate to, and instead it's far from it. The whole solution to the show is them being able to step outside.
I feel for the women, I just didn't enjoy the show at all.