hot showers

dottie

seem to be one of the few places i can most relax.

it is hard to relax no matter where i am. even when i am sitting here at night alone i am tense with anticipation for tomorrow's obligations. the only time i truly feel peace is when i am warm, asleep (without a set alarm clock) and when i am taking a hot shower. it is so nice to shut out the world and be alone. also, the fact that i can control the temperature of the water is nice since i am always cold. being cold makes me tense and doesn't help the anxiety. sometimes i can even mistake being tense for being cold. i already took 2 showers today, and i would like to take another just for the relaxation.

Barnum

It's good to hear that you have something that makes you relax like that. Just don't let it turn into OCD. :wink:

Danny100

This is interesting because i have Body dismorphic disorder, with it comes bad social anxiety and OCD, i have 2 showers a day, it makes me relax and feel fresh, when im having a bad day or week (in terms of BDD) i find i compulsively crave a shower as it makes me feel better, even though in this case it might not.

xSleepy

i love hot showers! there the best :D it doesnt always relax me...like if im really really anxious about something it doesnt work at all.

but when im in the shower no one can bug me. like i dont hear the phone ring so i dont have to worry about answering it. i dont have to worry about anyone knocking on the door or anything. so showers are a great way to escape for a little bit. and now that i basically live alone, i dont have to worry about my parents yelling at me to get out! :D

maggie

dottie said:
seem to be one of the few places i can most relax.

it is hard to relax no matter where i am. even when i am sitting here at night alone i am tense with anticipation for tomorrow's obligations. the only time i truly feel peace is when i am warm, asleep (without a set alarm clock) and when i am taking a hot shower. it is so nice to shut out the world and be alone. also, the fact that i can control the temperature of the water is nice since i am always cold. being cold makes me tense and doesn't help the anxiety. sometimes i can even mistake being tense for being cold. i already took 2 showers today, and i would like to take another just for the relaxation.
hey dottie, there is really something to that..there's a natural therapy, i think called 'hydrotherapy' that is used exactly for the reasons you describe..a hot steamy shower or bath can reduce mental fatigue and stress, help with body and pore cleansing, and releases muscle tension :)

Thelema

I can't help but say that a cold shower or bath is great for mental and physical fatigue. It toughens you up mentally and all the top sports use cold or even ice water to treat sore muscles.

You can't worry about a lot of things when you're in a bath full of ice cold water :lol:

I love my hot baths too tho

Argamemnon

dottie said:
even when i am sitting here at night alone i am tense with anticipation for tomorrow's obligations. the only time i truly feel peace is when i am warm, asleep (without a set alarm clock)
I often can't sleep with a set alarm clock either :cry: