Homebased Jobs....

Hi,

Whats the best homebased job??, I'd love to work, but I prefer to do something at home. I would love to become a typiste, like doing data entry.
but the most things i read about on the web aren't trustworthy at all.
Do you know somethin good?

You can try online work. Be careful of scams though... Odesk, Squidoo, Triond, Helium are a few of the websites you can look into. Most survey sites are scams, but a few are legitimate. There's also a handful of telemarketing jobs that are genuine.

If in doubt, try some good forums that specialize in online work. Or at least double-check with yahoo answers and triple-check here. Some of the members here do a lot of online work...

Feathers

There are some legit things out there, double-check everything yeah!!
(Google name of the company, + scam and/or + problems etc or ask at related forums.)

I've only done online things for little amounts of money so far (like writing online reviews and such, it can be fun if you like the products or the music, it can be a lot of work for little money though) it may be okay to get some experience, there are some legit 'real' jobs out there too.. depending on your experience and perhaps specific knowledge too.. There are even some paid gigs for forum moderators and such.. (Again, usually you promote something or are part of a company.)

I read somewhere (not sure how accurate that site is) that data entry is sometimes not paid so well.. And some opportunities may be iffy-looking..

I know some people do medical transcriptions and it's a 'real' job.. Or transcribe legal stuff.. (you may need knowledge of vocabulary from those areas) Some people are also Virtual Assisstants.. (there are sites and blogs about this..) I wanted to do freelance writing (you can usually send articles by e-mail), you do need some peace and quiet for that, right now that's a bit unpredictable with the home renovations, might still do some.. I'm looking a bit into affiliate marketing too, it's important to find some good things to promote, that you can genuinely recommend..

Maybe you can find a few 'part time jobs' and it may be easier than one full-time? Or just try some things, but do research them well!!

Last edited:

Scira

If you don't mind working "your own" business and have a bit of starter money you could look into reselling thing on craigslist and Ebay.

KiaKaha

Banned
Hey,

I have been trying to make money online for a couple of years. I have done OK but I think I could probably do better if I put more time into it. I dont really wanna say how I do it on an open forum, because its hard enough as it is...but, I am willing to show you how if you want to...just flik me a message :)

yumesa

I've tried writing reviews and articles but it is alot of work for little money unless you have a huge fanbase and be able to get alot of views/votes/whatever. Same goes for designing your own products on like cafepress and zazzle. I think it be better to have your own business or freelancing like writing or graphic design. Since you post videos on youtube perhaps you can try being a partner and earn through advertising? Ads are ugly but they can give you the most money

Aussie_Lad

There's are a few affiliate based opportunities out there. How this works is that the owner of a site / business pays you for referring customers or potential customers to them. If you are good at promoting their site, then the pay can be quite good. I'm not aware of anyone making a living off this alone, but there may be a few out there that are.

KiaKaha

Banned
There's are a few affiliate based opportunities out there. How this works is that the owner of a site / business pays you for referring customers or potential customers to them. If you are good at promoting their site, then the pay can be quite good. I'm not aware of anyone making a living off this alone, but there may be a few out there that are.

aw, ok thats what I do. I have done ok with it.. I used to always keep it a secret because there is a lot of competition for niche markets etc... But I guess with the right amount of effort and patience it can pay off...if anyones wants to try I have some guides I can give them... us social phobes need to stick to together ;)