Hiya

Hastings & Main

Okay, leaping off the diving board...
Been 'lurking' for a couple weeks here - mostly biding time trying to think up a decent user name (didn't help!) - and can't believe it took this many years to find such a good site.
I'm freshly 41, kind of an artist, very single, live in Vancouver, BC and through BC (Canada?)'s one-free-session-from-a-mental-health-professional deal (here it's at Vancouver General's mental health ward) a few years back have been diagnosed with the two SAD's and something else which escapes me at the moment...
And Asperger's was ruled out even tho' I share many symptoms with the mild end of the spectrum - incredibly hard time looking into eyes, mind going blank in public but fine when alone, fluxuating anxiety and a near-manic-depressive state, endless self-examination and endless worrying about other's thoughts etc..
(And if you live in the area I urge you to take advantage of the free visit. The ridiculous thing about my visit was that the doc had two University students sitting in to help in their studies - one male, one female, she being young & attractive - and ten minutes in he got the woman to switch with him so that she was doing the probing. The guy-student was seemingly outrageously bored by it all and sighed a lot, tipping back in his chair every so often & studying the walls etc. Nah, not stressful AT ALL for someone like me! But the doc said afterwards that it wasn't usual so I wouldn't worry about it happening to anyone else here planning a visit. I was just lucky I guess.:) )

Been on Paxil twice and another drug once before finding out I wasn't suited for those and switched to a tri-cyclical called Mirtazipine, which sort of calmed the anxiety but I dodged off it after 6 or 7 months for reasons I'll have to bring up elsewhere as I think this intro's getting a little lengthy.
Anyway, glad to be here and I'll post a picture up as soon as I find one where I'm not making a scary face...

Okay, the computer just made a 'bloop' sound and I accidentally closed something called Blinkers. Looks like I gotta study the site a little better!

Last edited:

coyote

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I usually find it a good thing to be probed by a young & attractive female...

EscapeArtist

Haha! Blinkers is a person here. That must have been a chat message, thing. I live around Vanc. BC. That sounds EXTREMELY daunting! How rude of that student. And I had no idea of this program, if I was still so badly off I would have taken advantage of that.

I have seen you lurking around here :p Was wondering when you would introduce yourself! Glad that you have. Welcome!