Hi.

Hi, my name is Amanda and I'm 21. I live in Florida, USA. I've dealt with social phobia for as long as I can remember, though it wasn't a huge problem while I was growing up, because people would approach me and the friendship would take its time growing, and I didn't really have to put in too much effort--I mean, when you see the same people everyday and they're putting in the effort to get to know you, it's all right (at least for me). Once I moved across the country though, I pretty much regressed to the point where my only social contacts are my boyfriend, his six-year-old daughter, and our cat.

I don't have a job because I'm terrified of the process of getting one. I don't have a driver's license because I'm terrified of taking the class required and going in to take the test and then having to take an actual driving test in a car with a stranger. I'm not in school anymore because I'm afraid to go through all the things to get back in. I almost died in 2008 because I was afraid to go into the hospital and deal with the people there until I couldn't take five steps without gasping for breath (by that point my boyfriend pretty much tied me up and dragged me in, heh). I'm sick and tired of social anxiety ruling my life, but I'm too afraid to do anything about it. :(

Anyway, I was Googling and found this site, and I'm hoping it helps me a bit. I'm looking forward to getting to know people on here. Oh, and I apologize in advance for the excessive posting that's about to happen, ha, but I know that if I lurk, then I'll never post, so I'm going to go the complete opposite and jump right in. :)

Amanda

nopark

Hi Amanda, welcome to SPW :)

I can sympathize; the same sort of thing happened to me when I left my hometown.

But you have your boyfriend who cares enough to tie you up and drag you to the hospital against your will ;) I envy you that.

Anyway, welcome to the site -- I'm sure you'll find some comfort here; you're amongst friends.