Hi

fallingsorrow

hi, i'm Sarah and i thought i'd join this forum so that i may find friends and support

my social anxiety was really bad a few years ago but i got some counceling and it seemed to improve my social skills greatly but in the last few months i have reverted back to my old habit and i am having a difficult time coping with the start of the new school year and my parents constant disapointment and lack of understanding of my current condition

so i guess i would just like to talk to others who struggle with the same sort of difficulties as i do so that i feel less alone

2Crowded

Hello & welcome....Im 2Crowded..Im not in school but I have SA & Avoidence whatchyamacallit... hope you are comforted by the nice peoples & such that hang out here.

8)

fallingsorrow

2Crowded said:
Hello & welcome....Im 2Crowded..Im not in school but I have SA & Avoidence whatchyamacallit... hope you are comforted by the nice peoples & such that hang out here.

8)

thanks...it seems like a pretty nice forum....i'm glad i found it

hi Sarah,

I just started school too. Are you in high school? I hated high school, i always liked to be by myself and never around any people. I finally came out a little though on my senior year.

As just entering college i find myself too going back to my old habits. I just like to stay in my room and sleep. But we both gotta make the effort.

fallingsorrow

Simple_guy_VT said:
hi Sarah,

I just started school too. Are you in high school? I hated high school, i always liked to be by myself and never around any people. I finally came out a little though on my senior year.

As just entering college i find myself too going back to my old habits. I just like to stay in my room and sleep. But we both gotta make the effort.

i'm in my final year of high school but i don't have any friends in my morning classes so it makes it harder to cope....it would be fine if i could do everything by myself but these classes seem to have a lot of group projects and not having any friends in the class makes it harder for me to talk to others

sleepysparrow

fallingsorrow said:
hi, i'm Sarah and i thought i'd join this forum so that i may find friends and support

my social anxiety was really bad a few years ago but i got some counceling and it seemed to improve my social skills greatly but in the last few months i have reverted back to my old habit and i am having a difficult time coping with the start of the new school year and my parents constant disapointment and lack of understanding of my current condition

so i guess i would just like to talk to others who struggle with the same sort of difficulties as i do so that i feel less alone

Hi Sarah! I noticed you're from Ontario, Canada? Where are you from?

I always hated school, but I hope you settle in and feel better soon.

fallingsorrow

sleepysparrow said:
fallingsorrow said:

Hi Sarah! I noticed you're from Ontario, Canada? Where are you from?

I always hated school, but I hope you settle in and feel better soon.

thanks...i'm from a small town near toronto

circle

Hi Sarah!

I have alot of genuine sympathy for you, school was a hellish experience for me!

Do you still do counseling? if that helped i would recommend you continuing.

take care :)

fallingsorrow

circle said:
Hi Sarah!

I have alot of genuine sympathy for you, school was a hellish experience for me!

Do you still do counseling? if that helped i would recommend you continuing.

take care :)

i stopped getting counciling but since it seems i'm getting worse i might look into doing it again