Hi...I'm a noobie here. Really need some encouragement from kindred spirits.

Hey everybody,
Guess this is kind of an intro since I'm new. I'm Patrick and I live in Henrico, Virginia. (No stalkers please;).)

Here's a little background info:
(Pardon me if it's too babbly. Brain's kind of fuzzy.)
Like I say in my profile...I've had to deal with SAD since my teen years. I also have a moderate case of CFS. I have ok days with both but really bad ones as well. Stress is a big trigger for the CFS, and my SAD, of course, causes great stress. Makes it very hard to get out and when I can manage I'm so exhausted afterwards. It makes everything so frustrating and it leaves me with a very isolated and lonely existence. It's hard to connect with people.

I need to be alone for long periods to work on my artwork. But I don't want to be completely alone ALL the time. Ya know? My life doesn't make it easy for me to get out so I try every so often to meet people on the internet. Usually the people I connect with a little tend to be so far away. That makes me feel very cut off. But...sometimes I meet someone on the web that's local. I chat with them and they want to meet up. That makes me so terrified.

Right now (as in RIGHT now after I write this) I'm getting ready to make a phone call to a local woman I met recently. I've told her I'm very, very shy but I haven't tried to make her understand what SAD is yet (or CFS). I'm trying to push myself to call her but am so scared. I'll do it, but it's so awkward. She's more outgoing than me so I don't know if we'll connect. I don't really have any "local" friends right now. I have mostly what I would call acquantances. In other words, people I know but who aren't close to my heart. I really need a close friend so I'm making an effort to find that. It's just killing me in the process.

Anybody feeling me::(:????

Thanks guys. (Sorry for the slow return response btw.)
Am currently chatting with this gal. Don't think we have much in common really but she is very nice. Would like to have her as a close friend so am working on that. Still awkward on the phone with her at this point though to be honest. Never seems to get much easier. Her thick Brazilian accent creates another level of difficulty as well. LOL. Oh well...at least it's interesting! Hehe.