hi here is my story..am i crazy...yes ?no?

Lorang

well ive just recently learned about social anxiety disorder, just from browsing the websites and stuff and i must say i definitly know i have it. its funny because i never thought i had a condition or anything i just thought i was always super shy.

but anyways..i also have this other problem...kindof a bad habit that started in high school...i play music and i pace..and while i do this i have conversations in my head...with either people i know, made up people, or people i would like to meet. i dont actually hear voices, its always me talking in my head, somewhat kindof like daydreaming as well. but anyways i can do this for hours on end. i spend so much time doing it too. and sometimes i just have urges to do it, usually when i get excited about things in my daily life. i dont know if i do it because i am pretty lonely or for some other reason. ive read about OCD and was wondering if this could be that?..although its not like i have to do it everyday..but i do spend hours upon hours doing it..

please help with advice/comments if you can

4seasons

I do the same thing, not for hours on end but I do it a lot. Mainly I imagine myself asking a girl out and it goes perfectly haha. Its just a part of wanting something I guess.

mustang

Could be ADHD, ADD, or OCD. You may want to get in contact with a psychologist or psychiatrist to get a professional opinion.

Your not crazy 8)

TAMPA-BAY

Boared

Sound like you just have a lot of extra times on your hands to me. I dont know. My suggestion is kind of odd but I really think from now on you should start writting down the things in your head on a note book and date it. Why not catalog it for the future. You never know when you might want to write a book or something. Start writting those day dreams down and tell us how it goes.

x000x

4seasons said:
I do the same thing, not for hours on end but I do it a lot. Mainly I imagine myself asking a girl out and it goes perfectly haha. Its just a part of wanting something I guess.

I have a very similar problem. It gets annoying at times... lol

recluse

I make up conversations in case i see someone i know somewhere, kind of like rehearsing the situation should it occur.

blonderedhead

You aren't crazy at all. I do this all the time too except I talk out loud and I didn't really realize how weird it made me feel until when I had a huge urge to do it while I was out in public. I wish the people were real too but on the plus side I really enjoy the conversations I make up!

asubscriber99

i used to do that a lot, in my opinion it's a mixture of unexpressed impulses that takes place in our minds ( because we can't express it, right? we have sa).

as i become more confident, and less caring about people surrounding me, and their thoughts, and all that shit, i found that it's happening less and less.

I don't know, but as you grow with SA, you'll arrive at point when you say "from now on, i want to shit on the whole world", and your attitude changes, this voices become silly because you don't care for the world.

whatever12

I do the same things..I would see people and have conversations with them..now thats crazy..i dont know..maybe I just had the flu or was lonely too..from depression or something. I got diagnost as having ocd..I think allot..I talk to myself about things ..to people other than myself allot...to god in my head sometimes out loud.. because I think ..analyze too much. I dont think I have OCD ..i dont know what I have..im pretty normal..I think allot of people have this problem. My mind is always wired...thinking.

ReVeR

this is probably the hardest thing to admit for me
but it happens it often keeps awake at night when im truing to sleep.
ussually i daydream of situations in up coming event or what i might be doing tommorow
sometimes i dont even sleep i just lay in my bed next thing i know the sun is out...

M3nt0R

Lorang said:
well ive just recently learned about social anxiety disorder, just from browsing the websites and stuff and i must say i definitly know i have it. its funny because i never thought i had a condition or anything i just thought i was always super shy.

but anyways..i also have this other problem...kindof a bad habit that started in high school...i play music and i pace..and while i do this i have conversations in my head...with either people i know, made up people, or people i would like to meet. i dont actually hear voices, its always me talking in my head, somewhat kindof like daydreaming as well. but anyways i can do this for hours on end. i spend so much time doing it too. and sometimes i just have urges to do it, usually when i get excited about things in my daily life. i dont know if i do it because i am pretty lonely or for some other reason. ive read about OCD and was wondering if this could be that?..although its not like i have to do it everyday..but i do spend hours upon hours doing it..

I have the same thing...not with music, though. Even on walks home sometimes I'll just get this scenario in my head and I get really into it and I notice i start walking faster and start making facial expressions (i dont notice it right away at all, though), and usually they're violent.

M3nt0R

whatever12 said:
I do the same things..I would see people and have conversations with them..now thats crazy..i dont know..maybe I just had the flu or was lonely too..from depression or something. I got diagnost as having ocd..I think allot..I talk to myself about things ..to people other than myself allot...to god in my head sometimes out loud.. because I think ..analyze too much. I dont think I have OCD ..i dont know what I have..im pretty normal..I think allot of people have this problem. My mind is always wired...thinking.

I feel your suffering. Deep analytical thinking depressed me, and I won't get into why or how because it might trigger others to get these negative analytical thoughts. I think of myself as VERY INTELLIGENT because of the fact that I think so much and so deeply and create new insights all the time that I know most people around me on any given day would never even dream of thinking. When people hear my types of thoughts (specially if I'm high), they ask me if I'm crazy or a genius sometimes. I got over the depressions and created theories about life that still coincide with my analytical thinking but give me a piece of mind.

Babbles

Souls don't Sleep (wired minds)

No, you're not crazy. I hope this doesn't sound "crazy" to you, but our souls don't sleep. And part of our (collective or individual) soul/s is still "in touch" with the other side - like an invisible anchor. They/we don't recognize "time" the way our physical bodies do. I know that some of us are more cognizant of our non physical selfs and kind of like channel surfing, "tune in" to the thoughts of the "other side - of ourself and others." We get good at it, too. And I'm not sure about alot of the details, but it comforts me to know that I share these aspects (this "skill" or "talent" or "flaw" or whatever one wants to call it) - with extremely bright individuals.

Feel any better?

ces4r87

You're not crazy at all. I do exactly the same thing. I look back at things that I did wrong in the day sometimes and dream about how I wish it would've gone down. Ill play out the whole scene in my head, and most of the time it involves conversations, ill sit there, or most times like you said, pace and talk to myself playing out the whole conversation. I wish I could actually say these things in an actual social situation.

NothingElseMatters

it happens to me lots of time.sometimes i reallyreally badly wanna stop it but i can't .it's like i dont have the power to do it.i get lost in my head and thing of things i could say and couldn and think of things like i would like them to be.ahhh it sucksss

TheLoneWolf

I do it all the time when Im alone. When I do it around my mom it drives her crazy, so whenever Im mad at her I just walk around her and pace. lol

octoman

Lorang said:

Man, I do this all lthe time. Most days it's the only conversation I get. I don't have any one to talk with so I just make up some imaginary friends and talk with them all day. It' s really sad.