Hi everyone, I'm new

Nicholas

Hi everyone,
I had been reading some threads here, but yesterday I finally decided to join. This seems to be the most popular forum online for insane people like me, so I hope I'll enjoy it. :D
I am a 24 year old guy whose life is almost nonexistent. Some problems messed it up some years ago, and now I am stuck, worried about these problems that will definitely kill me if I don't do something and react.
The biggest problem is probably severe hypehidrosis, mainly facial HH. It sucks, yes. But I have realized I also have social anxiety, and anxiety in general too. I am trying to cure myself and find out all the truth about these problems, study stuff about psychology, etc. I believe medications are not a solution to anything, and I don't want to take any. I will have to work hard, I know, but there is no other solution, because matters are getting worse. If I go on like this, I know in a few years I will have a complete breakdown and there won't be any hope anymore.

Well, maybe that was too long, so... that's all!

market.garden

Hi there & welcome!

It's great you sound prepared to work hard at getting better. It can be all too easy to just give up and retreat even further, or just get into a routine of meds and hope they do all the work for you.

WelshOne

Welcome :)

You seem to be positive well motivated... and in my recent experience thats 80% of the fight won.

Good luck to you :)

AlleyCat

Hey Nicholas, welcome to the forum. :) I hope you enjoy it here and find it to be a great source of info and support. Your avi is so cute!

OTGrl

Hey everyone!
I was looking to get some advice from people who understand what I'm dealing with. I am an occupational therapy student who gets sweaty when I feel like people are watching me. I start my fieldwork in less than a month. This requires me to raise my arms, touch people, etc. I sweat a lot for a girl under my arms and on my hands when I get nervous. I have to wear polos or plain button down shirts. I may even have to wear white ones. I was wondering what tips any of you have for purchasing shirts that do not show underarm marks? I've tried buying undershirts with sewn in pads and I've tried the throw away pads. I've decided that they only make me sweat more! Any ideas on what fabrics and such are best, would be great. Also, my hands only sweat if I know I'll be touching people that I don't know well. Any tips for this? I've seen a psychologist and psychiatrist to try to get rid of my anxiety entirely, but no such luck. I was even on anti-anxiety meds for a little while and no luck there either. I've tried prescription antiperspirant and no luck with those either. Please help me. Thank you :)

OTGrl

Nicholas,
My husband used to sweat a lot from his forehead and face. He stopped using antiperspirants, just uses deodorants now. He sweats like a normal person now under his arms and rarely sweats on his face. Often the heavy metals in antiperspirants build up in our bodies and actually make us sweat more! Stop using them for a few months and sweating should decrease, especially on your face. I just started doing this a month ago and I am starting to see a little less sweating. I've been told this can take months and months....I hope to see a change because I am getting very frustrated.