HH on 'embarrasing bodies' channel4 UK

beckiboo

Hi, I havent been on here for a while as I totaly gave up trying to beat this and with winter it wasnt so bad, but I just finished watching embarrassing bodies and there was a girl with the same HH as me, palmer and plantar. It was so good to see this condition brought to the public attention again..and sort of good to see someone 'normal looking' who has it too! I feel like a freak when I go out so seeing her made me feel better in a way, she sat exactly how I sit..hands under legs, funny to notice the same hiding tactics. They put her on a course of ionto treatments at her local NHS and she had 7 treatments over a month. They caught up on her a few weeks later and she showed that her hands had significantly reduced in sweating and although it was coming back and she would have to get more treatments she did have a period after the initial treatments of complete dryness.

was an interesting show and having given up on even trying to do my ionto treatments im now thinking with summer arriving and the sweating getting more severe im going to give it a go again..any relief would be welcome!
anyone with a good result from ionto could you tell me what schedule works best? I gave up last time because I tried too many different techniques, i.e one treatment eyeryday for 7-10 days, 7 treatments over a month and others im just looking for the system that works for most people I guess so any help with that would be awesome =)

Remus

Staff member
look for "embarrasing bodies" or "Embarrassing Illnesses" on youtube, not seen the HH episode on there yet, should be on soon

Last edited:

DaaaBulls

Try filling the trays only .5-1 cm, i saw significant differences when I filled the trays lower.

Also, if you have insurance maybe try botox? I did it two weeks ago on my right hand and it is 75% dryer than the left hand and would be better once some areas are filled in that the botox didn't reach.

Remus

Staff member
If I remeber rightly on Embarrassing Bodies, this girl just had sweaty palms, nothing else, doc recommended Iontophoresis

A

ajude

I have same problem. Several years ago I learnt about Iontopheresis, talked to doctor about it. Had a couple of weeks treatment at hospital, and it worked quite well. Then I bought myself my own little machine called an 'Idrostar', it cost about £250, probably a bit more now. It's like a plastic briefcase,with a metal sheet and plastic mesh in each side of the briefcase. Then you attach a red and a black lead - like jump leads- to each tray, pour in tap water to about an inch high, so your hands will be immersed. Stick your hands in for 10 mins on one setting, then 10 mins on the second setting. Feels all prickly, but it's fine. If you have no partner to turn machine on for you, do one foot and one hand at a time. If you have any little cuts on your fingers etc put vaseline on them so the current doesn't get to them, cos it'll sting a bit.

It's turned my life around. From being 90% sweaty person, to being 90% dry person. It's been amazing. I'd say I do it every 10 days or so, more in summer. There is a leaflet etc with guidelines on when to do it, i.e. day 1, then day 4, etc. It's not foolproof in extreme heat conditions, but it's brilliant, compared to what life used to be like growing up with sweaty hands and feet all the time. Now age 41 and I wouldn't be without the machine.