HH and dependencies

Englishman

I was wondering if anybody else who suffers from HH has any form of dependencies as a way of coping. Seems like an odd question, but I've read further back through this forum and it seems like a lot of people have learnt to cope through the usage of alcohol, ciggarettes and even some forms of drugs.

I personally smoke cigarettes, I'm not a big drinker, though.

Seems a bit off topic but this forum isn't too active so, who cares eh?:)

Last edited:

Jezza

I was wondering if anybody else who suffers from HH has any form of dependencies as a way of coping. Seems like an odd question, but I've read further back through this forum and it seems like a lot of people have learnt to cope through the usage of alcohol, ciggarettes and even some forms of drugs.

I personally smoke cigarettes, I'm not a big drinker, though.

Seems a bit off topic but this forum isn't too active so, who cares eh?:)

No so far I haven't fallen into that trap. I do sweat decidedly less after a good amount of alcohol but the amount that is necessary is only socially acceptable at a party. I make use of that a parties most of the times (why not ay?) but I almost never drink on weekdays and also when there are more 'drinking events' in a week I take it a bit slower for some of those. I'm from the Netherlands so I have tried one of our national treasures but the times I can count on one hand. Didn't try any other drugs, most have zero attraction to me, also because they aren't exactly tested by the 'FDA' (or the local version of it) you never know what kind of crap your introducing to your body and I'm not risking my relative health on that (HH is quite enough of a burden on that already). Here in the Netherlands you can take your illegal drugs to facilities that test them for their content for you but well...no thx.

I smoke some cigars on occassion for fun but again, occassionally. Long story short: No, no dependencies.

Englishman

Jezza, you seem like a cool guy. You always seem to leave knowledgeable and interesting feedback, and also seem to have better English than me!

CharlesN

Alcohol worked for me too, but like Jezza, took too much to be a healthy habit.

I've been wondering, if maybe weight could have something to do with HH? I've dropped a bunch of weight in conjunction with the ionto. I've noticed a lot less sweating overall on all body parts as a result of the weight loss (and ionto?) including during physical exertion and other times when I'd normally be sweating.

When stressed and/or eating spicy my face and head does sweat still... But not enough to make me concerned. Normal anti-perspirant seems fine for arm pits.

Feet get cold and sweat still once in a while - but way way less than before.

So many possible things can contribute I guess. I just know that a big part of it has to be psychological... As I never ever sweat on my palms when fishing - even when on camera which otherwise would have me a nervous wreck...

We need a super rich person with HH to pump some research dollars in to this... That would be nice.

Both my kids have it (girls 4 & 6) - and as the genetic "cause" of it - I feel like it is my responsibility. They are young now and don't seem to be overly bothered yet. I'm praying they'll grow out of it... But would love to be able to help them out when they are in their 30s and I allow them to date. lol

Hang in there Englishman.

JohnnAY

Used to be cigarettes for me. Not only to ease the nerves, but also as a reason to be excused.

0707129r

I took robinul religiously every day for about a year, before I decided I couldn't cope with the headaches, dry mouth and sensitive teeth.